Name a 20 - 30 year-old actor/actress who's dropped off the radar in the last 5 years?

Muarck

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:05 am
@msolga,
Quote:
Tell me, though, have any of the responses to your past threads here been of any use to you, Muarck?
I often wondered.

Joe from Chicago has been incredibly helpful.
A few others. But most people just spend all their time complaining about my posts.
Muarck

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:07 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Well, you could look at some magazines on any news stand and research back, if necessary, as those kind of sites revel in people going wrong.

Magazines just give you all the actors in rehab or jumping off buildings: I'm not interested in those. I want a level-headed actor that people and/or the industry have just forgotten about.
msolga

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:10 am
@Muarck,
Quote:
But most people just spend all their time complaining about my posts.

Well, I haven't.
Until today, that is. Wink
I've tried, I really have .... Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:13 am
@Muarck,
Quote:
I want a level-headed actor that people and/or the industry have just forgotten about.

I think that may be the problem, Muarck.
We've probably forgotten them.
0 Replies

Muarck

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:14 am
@msolga,
I get the feeling that you guys think I'm an idiot filmmaker who thinks he can make a film using Able2Know.com as my resource. I'm sorry to have to disappoint you. I value (some) of your opinions. But this is just just a tiny little resource I use. Tomorrow I'll be on the phone with all the major talent agencies telling them to give me names of their talent who fit my criteria. They will put interns on my query and flood my phone and inbox with responses. So I'm going to tell them I will only consider two names from each agency just to reduce the amount of ridiculous responses I get. The professionals take me very seriously. (I am a 3 time award winning director now.) And it's only places like these forums that don't take me seriously.
msolga

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:19 am
@Muarck,
Quote:
I get the feeling that you guys think I'm an idiot filmmaker who thinks he can make a film using Able2Know.com as my resource.

I don't think you're an idiot at all. I have no reason to think that.
And I assumed when you open an "advice" thread that you'd like people to throw around a few ideas ... which may or may not turn out to be helpful/useful to you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:20 am
@Muarck,
Come on! If you have won such awards, then you wouldn't need to ask anyone here the OP as those names would be at the tip of your tongue.

More of your subterfuge: Mr Ivi and Muarck are the same perason. Why bother creating a separate identity? Because you know how annoying you are and how few will answer your Mr. Ivi personna?

What color is the sky in your world? Name one of the award winner movies.

What did you say? You can't? I see! Just as I thought.
Muarck

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 03:46 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Come on! If you have won such awards, then you wouldn't need to ask anyone here the OP as those names would be at the tip of your tongue.

More of your subterfuge: Mr Ivi and Muarck are the same perason. Why bother creating a separate identity? Because you know how annoying you are and how few will answer your Mr. Ivi personna?

What color is the sky in your world? Name one of the award winner movies.

What did you say? You can't? I see! Just as I thought.

I have two Able2Know user names.
Off the top of my head I estimate I have 15 email addresses. I suspect that's a low figure though.
And I do have a pseudonym.

If that bothers you ignore my posts.

Do I have to apologize for finding Able2Know's opinion worthwhile?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:29 am
The other day I read that Nicky Blonsky was working at a hair salon.....

I think if I were looking for someone who fell off the radar I would go back and look at TV shows that were popular with the early teenagers 10 years ago, maybe shows that ran on Nickelodeon or someplace that aimed their shows at kids.

Any of these girls: http://www.ranker.com/list/top-20-sexiest-_where-are-they-now-_-girls/greg?page=1&format=BLOG&sortby=&sortdir=&limit=
Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:35 am
@Muarck,
Muarck wrote:

Tomorrow I'll be on the phone with all the major talent agencies telling them to give me names of their talent who fit my criteria. They will put interns on my query and flood my phone and inbox with responses. So I'm going to tell them I will only consider two names from each agency just to reduce the amount of ridiculous responses I get. The professionals take me very seriously. (I am a 3 time award winning director now.) And it's only places like these forums that don't take me seriously.

So it's tomorrow now. Are you on the phone with all these agencies who will flood you with candidates for your project?

You said you have made award-winning movies. I'm calling you out. Name ONE for which you have won awards.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:44 am
@Ragman,
Why should they tell you? they don't owe you any information they don't want to give you.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 10:25 am
@Muarck,
Macaulay Culkin has pretty much dropped off the radar. He's done some voice work, and a few episodes of a TV series in the past five years, but no longer receives much notice.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 10:42 am
@Muarck,
Mara Wilson was a very well known successful child star. She dropped off the radar more than 5 years ago, but in a 2009 interview, she indicated some interest in doing a small film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_Wilson#cite_note-1

http://nyulocal.com/on-campus/2009/01/19/mara-wilson-on-child-stardom-morons-wanting-to-party-with-matilda/#more-6195
Muarck

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 01:25 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
So it's tomorrow now. Are you on the phone with all these agencies who will flood you with candidates for your project?

I didn't say they'd flood my projects with good candidates. They'll try to sell you anybody. I once had a talent agency try to sell me the star of my last movie. Once I realized who they were talking about I was like: wait, I found that person. Do you think these things through before you make your recommendations?

Quote:
You said you have made award-winning movies. I'm calling you out. Name ONE for which you have won awards.

About that: I don't really care if you think I'm a phony or not. As I'd said earlier, I use a pseudonym professionally. I do cause I like my anonymity. So, sorry, but no. And again if you think I'm a phony that's fine.
Muarck

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 01:27 am
@boomerang,
Boomerang!
Thanks you're awesome!
Slowly, but surely I am getting good recommendations.
I liked you suggestions!
0 Replies

Muarck

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 01:28 am
@firefly,
FireFly, I've always loved you!
Thanks for that bit on Mara Wilson. That is really good thinking.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 01:58 am
Ralph Belamy. Last seen as a homeless person in Coming to America.
Muarck

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:01 am
@roger,
Your not talking about: Ralph Bellamy (Pretty Woman). Unfortunately, he died 1991.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 09:50 am
@Muarck,
Sorry, I took my criticism too far. In fact, it was not needed. I should have just scrolled on.

Good luck with your theatrical pursuits. Carry on
Muarck

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 04:00 pm
@Ragman,
Hey no problem, literally no problem.
All the bone crushing disappointments I deal with on a daily basis a little criticisms from someone I don't know doesn't even figure in as a blip.