jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:02 am
I got a tetanus shot about five years ago and I remember them telling me you should get one every ten years. Well yesterday I stepped on a rusty nail and it went through my shoe. According to the RN I live with, or as I like to call him, “Nurse Rached” you should get one every ten years, unless you step on a rusty nail then you have to get another one. I hate needles!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,787 • Replies: 6
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:15 am
@jcboy,
not sure, i'm about 4 years from the ten year mark from my last tetanus shot, in the intervening years i've cut myself on various dirty implements, gardening and doing general work, most times i've had no way to really clean the wound immediately, maybe pour some bottled water over it and soak up the blood with a t shirt and i've never had a problem
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:17 am
Don't worry about it. You are covered.

Just watch for redness and swelling.

I always forget WHEN I had my tetanus shot last. Good thing you remembered it.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:28 am
He’s worse then my five year old but he’s getting the shot today like it or not, and I’m going to enjoy this.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 02:05 pm
@djjd62,
Nurse Rached gave me that shot in the butt today, I think I’m starting to get a fever from it.
firefly

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 03:25 pm
@jcboy,
You're much better off with a minor reaction to the shot than you would be if you developed tetanus.
"Nurse Ratched" did the right thing. Don't give him a hard time. Wink
MMarciano

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 03:27 pm
@firefly,
His temperature is 98.6. Not only is he worse then a five year old he’s also a hypochondriac. Too bad there isn’t a shot for that too!

I think he’s trying to get out of making dinner tonight.
0 Replies