RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 12:48 pm
Considering that religionists point out that a tiny record seems to be missing in our ancestral evolution. This what seems like a small link that separates us from our primate cousins has gotten no rest from conservative activists. Yet when it comes to missing links it seems almost laughable that they believe in creation by an invisible god. TALK ABOUT MISSING LINKS!

Where is the link that created us? Well they believe by faith that God took us from dirt to fully grown humans at the snap of a finger. The bible does not say god "created" us from the dust of the ground, it says God FORMED us from the dust of the ground. How many forms did we take before God was finished?

Even the bible shakes off the idea of creation for a more logical method of forming. "According to the book of Genesis" God formed the body, made the soul and created the spirit. Also in Iaaiah all three words are used in the same verse. Why use all three in the same verse if they all mean exactly the same thing and can be used interchangeably?

Isaiah 43:7
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Comment: The writer(s) of Isaiah knew better than to simply lump our evolution into a single process. Formed the body, made the soul and created the spirit.

Everyone thinks of our evolution as such a gradual process but perhaps the links get wider as creatures become more complex?

The religionists also talk of intelligent design then conclude that bacteria and viruses are too dumb to have created humans.

Well as the picture emerges of extreme bacteria and viruses that can enter into the body as a highly infectious flu and alter DNA at will we then see that it was not the dust of the ground we were formed "from" but "by" the dust of the ground.

We were formed by the dust of the ground. These agents of molecular change of our DNA and genetic makeup are still here and capable of havoc or even evolving us farther.

Another MISSING LINK deals with sickness.

Religionists talk of how miracles saved them! Yet they discount, the doctors, surgery and medications as if something is missing in their brain. It was clearly not god that healed them but the doctors, nurses and medical science. Yet they insert God into the equation as if God had anything to do with it . So they add a link were none is missing...

Had they been left without the kidney transplant or AIDS cocktail where would there God be then? I will tell you where they would be... their God would have let them die.

God didn't heal you medical science healed you. Minute bacterial process with proteins and the brains function caused the wounds to repair themselves after the doctor finished their own routine work.

The only missing link is in the brains of these diluted people who take credit from the earth for forming us and take credit from doctors for fixing us. They add false links where none are really needed and subtract links when doctor acknowledgment and wholehearted thanks are in order.

I see it this way. The universe or earth formed viruses, why and how has to do with the dynamic design of how physical geometry works. The earth, sun and moon formed proteins and cells. Viruses along with intelligence were the catalyst that changed over time carving and shaping us into what we are.

So it is not only natural selection but smart germs that tailor the earth's inhabitants. What prompts a mutation is not only the natural environment but the conditions of other life on earth and what they need. A virus infects nearly all humans and causes a nearly universal change in our DNA records. This change will either have deleterious effect or it will provide greater functionality. Humans and viruses stay one step away from one another.

There are no gaping missing links in the overall process (maybe a few missing brain cells). If we call the functions of physics and biology "intelligent" then evolution surely is probable on the microbial level and no missing links are necessary to explain our evolution.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,294 • Replies: 6

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 01:00 pm
I wish a2k would let us KNOW who votes our threads down so we could errr, return the love...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 01:07 pm
I must say, rex, you have grown a lot since coming to a2k.
RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 01:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I must say, rex, you have grown a lot since coming to a2k.

Thanks Edgar, I still have a long way to go... Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 01:42 pm
@RexRed,
Don't we all?
RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 02:00 pm
It all comes down to superstition as it relates to intelligence, all creatures are afflicted with this choice.

I noticed the most voted thread today on a2k is about "gambling", there is a part of our evolutionary process that encourages us to believe in pipe dreams.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 02:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Don't we all?

Well some don't have glaring gaping holes in their basic logic. (smile) I have changed a lot.

The art of religious persuasion can be intoxicating and overwhelming and can lead people down a path of oblivion.

I think I have less changed than more re-identified with who I was before I became indoctrinated.

I feel I came from a pure place.

We are all pulled into this world and capitulated by its authority.

Makes one wonder what enlightenment really means.
0 Replies