What is Real?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:55 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Dynamic context shifting is the antithesis of grounding.

3+3=6 today in the context of "base 10".....
3+3 =10 tomorrow in the context of "base 5".....
and as with "numbers" so with all semantic tokens we call "words".

What your word "grounding" boils down to is "agreement about context"/"agreement about axioms". You erroneously assume that "relativity" needs to be divorced from "observer reference frames". In short.you are arguing for a concept of fundamental or absolute reality which I reject.

First observer does not mean what you think it means...you can use a cam recorder for observer anywhere and still get relativity effects.

Second I never suggested relativity needs to be divorced from observer contexts, quite the opposite I am saying those contexts are themselves absolute. Any time the same structural pattern repeats in a given ecosystem of things it will suffer the exact same relative effect. Now sum up all that exists and all possible relations of relative information to a bigger set and be done with it. This is exactly what Albert did with spacetime.
By the way your example with basic school maths above makes my case thank you.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 09:25 pm
Relativity is no less absolute then the absolute is relative.

You can't have absolute for thing without plurality on which relativity makes its workings. But Absolute would be meaningless if reduced to its solely object.
The Absolute raison d'être its always relative to its sub sets own archetype existence. It is absolute as a function of that variety come together. Simultaneously it is its master justifier. Without absolute no relative can ocur and no order can be formed. You can't have a son without a father, just as the father can't be a father if not having a son...None came first they co-exist and co-extend to, in, with, each other. Time is not a thing alone only spacetime matters...spacetime may probably be reduced to ratio of relations in information theory.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 09:43 pm
By the way since I stomped in Farmer irritating signature I have yet to satisfy my urge of kicking science in the teeth for its naive arrogance and display of ignorance.

Good Philosophy aims at Truth precisely because good Philosophy always departs from Physics. Metaphysics is the only Philosophy worth reading.

Science of course is side notes menial tasking and accounting...Philosophy is Economy and holistic closure.

Science can be done by an army of monkeys with a good check list and a set of instructions with a single philosopher at the top...which is exactly what happens around the world in Universities and Investigation centres...

...moreover science would be cheaper if there were better Philosophers at the top food chain of scientific investigations...less chunks of data to grind through when you guestimate better what your looking for...given what we have going by the you tube marvellous videos on how much they are enlightened its no wonder they spend billions to come up with fuzzy wording and some nice maths...things are not so bad when it comes to building washing machines...engineers have the merit of being more modest...

If people want to know what is real they better start asking those funny guys that don't do videos and have an heart attack just of thinking of doing a tv show...the odd ones saying annoying unsavoury stuff are the ones you should be asking something worth learning...as for scientists I just have a simple message for them:

Stop making washing machines that brake every two or three years so you can make more money out of me. Like your trash talking its new business, and its cheap !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 07:35 am
I sense a disturbance in the force ! Laughing
http://media.giphy.com/media/KC6sHwxqNp4ru/giphy.gif
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 02:14 pm
REAL

What it is* with examples given by the link and other examples added for better comprehension.

(*Note that "real" is not the same as "reality")

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/real

Quote:
real adjective (NOT IMAGINARY)

A2 existing in fact and not imaginary:

---Assuring the patient that she has a real and not imaginary problem is the first step.

---There is a very real threat that he will lose his job.

--- ---The Perceptional Law is real while the Relativity theories are nothing but infantile imaginations.

real earnings, income, etc.

› the value of earnings, etc. after the effect of rising prices is considered:

---Wages rose by 2.9 percent last year, but real earnings still fell by 1.3 percent.

--- investment in Relativity for many years has been a real profit for liars and fraudulent scientists.

--- investment in Relativity for many years has been a waste for science.

in real terms

› existing in fact, despite what appears to be the situation:

---Average earnings rose five percent in real terms after deducting income tax.

--- Relativity is indeed a real big lie.

The adjective "real" applied in philosophy won't change, From here, we can observe in these forums "real fanatics" spreading "real imaginations" as if their lunacies were "real physical facts".

As a common example: it is know by fact that atomic clocks malfunction when exposed to a different environment other than the one where they were manufactured. This is the real fact.

The real imagination is to assume that clocks give a different data when in outer space because time dilates, having in consideration that "time" has never been detected as something physical by any means, and that "time" has always have been a concept, nothing more than a concept.

To conclude, we can state without doubts, that Albert Einstein was a real idiot when he thought that time flows and that is "flexible" due to the speed of objects and/or gravity of bodies.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 10:56 pm
@carloslebaron,
The adjective "Imaginary" seems to be a useful contrast to the adjective"real". And I agree that "reality" is some kind of metaphysical noun.
0 Replies