Travel Home Pages (and more)

caprice

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 02:26 am
I've run across a few interesting web sites in my cyber travels and I thought it would be neat to post URL's for personal web sites containing the travel experiences of the author.

This first one is for a beautiful little island called Reethi Rah, an island in the Maldives located in the Indian Ocean. I wanna go!

http://www.kevin.middleton2.btinternet.co.uk/reethi/index.htm

Seeing this guy's site prompted me to look a little further into Maldives. Even though the following site isn't a personal web site, it's really quite good.

http://www.visitmaldives.com.mv/

I did find a puzzling part in the FAQ which, if I understand it correctly, states you can only bring up to 10 rolls of film. How odd.

Anyone else have some web sites to add? Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 794 • Replies: 5
No top replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 01:47 am
This site is a hoot! The author started it up back in her starving student days. I got a kick out of reading some of the stories there. Check it out! Smile

The Budget Traveller's Guide to Sleeping in Airports
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:52 pm
Caprice, you should check out the Portal option at the very top of the page.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:31 pm
Thanks roger Smile

In addition to the commercial sites though, I like reading the personal experiences of travellers throughout the world -- to see what places they've liked and why they liked them and to find out about places I might never have considered before. Of course it's all just information gathering at this point since I'm not presently in a situation where I can travel. But some day, soon I hope! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:38 pm
I like those links too, Caprice. I'll add them here if I run across them. Maybe we can add them en masse to the Portal if the portal editors like the idea.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:03 pm
That would be a neat idea! Smile Gotta come up with a few more sites though.
0 Replies