I cannot understand this note from the Universe

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:46 pm
"Nobody on this side of the curtains of time and space would ever dream of telling anybody on your side that they've got their beliefs crossed, that they're kidding themselves when it comes to relationships, that they're not seeing 'the obvious,' or that they're not asking the tough questions. Uh-un, nobody over here's going to do that. Could you imagine? We'd be labeled critical, judgmental, and non-supportive! Besides, we don't need to. The system in place works just fine. Everyone discovers truth in one of two ways: either through introspection, going within and connecting just a few dots; or through the manifestation of chaos. Win-win! The Universe" -----Mike Dooley Manifesting Change

I cannot understand the so-called "note from the Universe".
What do "get beliefs crossed", "the obvious", and "win-win" mean?
In the sentence "We'd be labeled critical, judgmental, and non-supportive! ", who is the "we"?
What does the author really want to say?
Totally confused......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 763 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Fido

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 10:37 am
@Justin Xu,
Justin Xu wrote:

"Nobody on this side of the curtains of time and space would ever dream of telling anybody on your side that they've got their beliefs crossed, that they're kidding themselves when it comes to relationships, that they're not seeing 'the obvious,' or that they're not asking the tough questions. Uh-un, nobody over here's going to do that. Could you imagine? We'd be labeled critical, judgmental, and non-supportive! Besides, we don't need to. The system in place works just fine. Everyone discovers truth in one of two ways: either through introspection, going within and connecting just a few dots; or through the manifestation of chaos. Win-win! The Universe" -----Mike Dooley Manifesting Change

I cannot understand the so-called "note from the Universe".
What do "get beliefs crossed", "the obvious", and "win-win" mean?
In the sentence "We'd be labeled critical, judgmental, and non-supportive! ", who is the "we"?
What does the author really want to say?
Totally confused......
Good luck making sense of nonsense... It all seems predicated on the notion that one might communicate throught what is called: the curtain of time and space... Even in one place and time truth is unknowable if not unapproachable... We can guess it long before we can see it, and then see it only as through a glass and darkly...Consider, if you will, that all the virtues, truth included are but facets through which we can see all the other virtues from the inside, or in which we can see ourselves reflected... To see, to know truth or any virtue takes as much skill as to know them all as if we could even know one without knowing all... I could say, better to know good than truth, but how would one know good without truth??? The whole subject is one that is difficult to make sense of; so I find it baffling that one would offer an impossible hypothesis in order to advance an opinion...

There is no hypothetical truth, no hypothetical justice, no hypothetical good... It is our reality and our individual and social being that makes our moral forms what they are and gives them their meaning, and meaning is their entire being except for the fact that we cannot live without them, and they cannot live without us...
0 Replies