http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18137
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 752 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 02:40 pm
Don't ask me why the sound editing of LOTR:ROTK was not nominated as I thought it was extremely well done and better than "Pirates." Who knows? "City of God" may be the dark horse what will win for best adapted screenplay. Original screenplay is really hard to call but "Lost in Translation" looks like it will win.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 02:41 pm
I notice that there is no category for lighting. Is this considered part of cinematography? The lighting certainly made a critical contribution to the "look" of "Girl with a Pearl Earring", which in my opinion deserves to win the awards for Art Design and Cinematography.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:09 pm
I am really disappointed that Jeff Bridges wasn't nominated for Seabiscuit and Cold Mountain missed out on Best Picture.

That said:

Best Picture: Seabiscuit
Best Actor: Bill Murray (a sentimental favorite; I believe Ben Kingsley did the finest work)
Best Supporting: Tim Robbins
Best Actress: Charlize Theron
Best Supporting: Renee Zellweger
Animated: Finding Nemo
Art: LOTR
Cinematography: Cold Mountain
Costumes: LOTR
Director: Sofia Coppola
Documentary (feature): Fog of War
Visual: LOTR
Writing (adapted): Mystic River
Writing (orig.): Lost in Translation

That list seems to spread it around nicely.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 03:17 pm
The poll is temporarily in limbo but will be up -- it asks what picture will win and I think it's obvious. LOTR, not just for the final film but the achievement of the trilogy. It will be the first fantasy or sci-fi film to win.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 04:47 pm
Please go to this duplicated topic (including the posts up until now) for an intact Poll. I hope I can get this new one featured and this one eliminated or defeatured.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18137
0 Replies