Can someone please give me advice on how to act on foreign culture sites so I don't get in trouble?

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 04:52 pm
I am doing research on foreign culture and language and I go to foreign culture forums and boards to ask questions about foreign language and culture and to get help with it. I would like to know does anyone have any advice about how to act on these sites so that I don't get in trouble? I am aware that I am a '"foreigner" on these sites - I am not there to troll, I am there to do research and get help. Sometimes I ask questions about culture because I am genuinely curious - I am not asking to offend or to insult anyone. Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 5,307 • Replies: 89

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 05:04 pm
I had been on a few foreign culture sites and was accused of trolling when I wasn't.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 05:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
you know the way you act here

try acting the opposite way
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 06:40 pm
@djjd62,
If you mean NOT BEING EASILY ANGERED and NOT GIVING INTO ANGER and BEING MORE SENSITIVE then yes these are things I need to work on.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:01 pm
Perhaps you could start by learning how to communicate effectively with people whose culture you presumably share.

I suspect your problem goes deeper than mere culture.
chai2

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If you mean NOT BEING EASILY ANGERED and NOT GIVING INTO ANGER and BEING MORE SENSITIVE then yes these are things I need to work on.

I don't think that's what he means.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:29 pm
@georgeob1,
For one thing, I need to stop responding to every little negative thing that is directed at me. I need to stop posting when I am angry. When you are angry it clouts your judgment and often people don't think straight when they are mad.

I need to exercise better people skills.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:30 pm
@chai2,
I don't go to foreign culture sites thinking I am better than others simply because I am a Christian or am American- I don't go there to try to put people down.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I don't go there to try to put people down.
How sweet of you to reserve that just for us. I'm flattered.

Well, I might be flattered if I believed anything you cackle. Something tells me you are the same wherever you land on the Internet. Annoying, full of pretense, spouting off your hatred of anything that doesn't gel with your narrow minded buffoonery, and so on. You were asked to leave (as in removed from) several sites, so I sincerely doubt you are any more refined in foreign culture sites.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:00 pm
@Sturgis,
SPYING on me again? NO ONE asked you. If you have NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE OR HELPFUL to say to LEAVE and DON'T RESPOND.

STOP TRYING TO STICK YOUR NOSE WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG.

STOP MAKING ASININE ASSUMPTIONS.

WHATEVER HAPPENED ON OTHER SITES IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS OR CONCERN.
jcboy

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I am not asking to offend or to insult anyone.

I'll give you an hour and I'm being generous.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't go to foreign culture sites thinking I am better than others simply because I am a Christian or am American- I don't go there to try to put people down.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Not that this will do any good, but do you realize 1/2 (or more) of the things you say come out of the clear blue sky?

I have no idea how you interpreted what I said with having to do anything with your religion or citizenship.

and that, in a nutshell is your problem.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
SPYING on me again?

Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it has creeped. Starts when you're always afraid, surely hope the man comes to take you a-way.

(apologies to Buffalo Springfield for rewriting the lyrics from For What It's Worth)

No, not spying Goldilox, just reading posts and responding. Your being banned from other sites has been reported by you, I didn't have to go searching or spying. Perhaps you need to up your meds. schmendrick.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:37 pm
@Sturgis,
I did not say I was banned- why would you even THINK that?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
jason, being banned from a website is not the end of the world...

it's not like being a 30 year old virgin.

or living in your mom's basement, watching pre-teen level cartoons all day.

I think it's the one thing that makes you almost cool...
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:48 pm
@Sturgis,
You like to ASSUME the WORST in people. You are a TROLL.

I DID NOT say anything about being banned in the title of this thread or in the opening of the thread.

I asked what can I do to avoid getting in trouble.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I did not say I was banned- why would you even THINK that?

Call it banned, call it suspended call it booted. Call it whatever you damned well please.

Here we have: http://able2know.org/topic/173800-1 where you tell us:
"I was on a forum a while ago and was booted off. I got a message that says "I'm not allowed to visit the forum""

and: http://able2know.org/topic/174716-1 where you tell us:
"A while ago, my first account was suspended - one that I had for about 5 years - because they claimed I was trying to incite trouble when I wasn't. I tried appealing to get that account back and didn't get it. I created a second one - that was suspended"

and of course your suspension from here for a month: http://able2know.org/topic/177761-1 where you say:

"I was suspended for at least a month and the last thing I did before I was on hiatus was TELLING SOME MANIACS OFF- people who were deliberately trying to PATRONIZE AND ANTAGONIZE ME, but they claimed I was SPAMMING."
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:58 pm
@Sturgis,
You are TROLLING and that has NOTHING to do with the TOPIC QUESTION.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 09:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
My first post was telling you how I was giddy with orgasmic spasms at how you honored us here at a2k with your insults and hatred. You then called me a spy and said it wasn't my business what happened elsewhere at which time I mentioned you had informed us of your removal from various sites, you said it wasn't true, I then supplied you with links to show that yes it IS true and each link was to a thread started by you, whining about how you were barred from participating at a particular site. That, dear weenie-breath, isn't trolling, it's reminding you (since you seem to have memory loss) of what you've told us in the past. If you weren't asked not to participate in those cases, then you have lied to us and are worth even less than I'd previously thought. So which is it? You were suspended/barred for various offenses or you lied about it?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:31 am
@Sturgis,
BUG OFF, you GOOFY GOPHER.