Can someone please give me advice on how to act on foreign culture sites so I don't get in trouble?

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 12:45 pm
@Mame,
I think drawing slits for eyes is offensive - some Asians told me to draw that but to me it makes characters look like insects.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 12:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don't know why they would. They exist, just as round, beady, shifty, bulging eyes exist.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 12:50 pm
@Mame,
I am trying to avoid racist Asian caricatures.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
@Mame,
I had some sketches of "Asian eyes" I showed some of my Asian friends and some of them complained that I made some of them too vertical. Some of them were okay with it.
Mame

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 01:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
Proving you can't please everyone.

Caricatures are bound to look racist to somebody. If you drew a caricature of a fat slob, some fat slobs would undoubtedly get offended. Just the way it is. Either get used to it or don't draw anything for fear of offending someone.
thack45

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 01:58 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

This is an hilariously idiotic thread even by Jesus Boy's usual high standard. You can't make **** like this up.
WRONG. That dude's making **** like this up... all day long.
thack45

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 02:09 pm
@chai2,
djjd62 wrote:

you know the way you act here

try acting the opposite way

JGoldman10 wrote:

If you mean NOT BEING EASILY ANGERED and NOT GIVING INTO ANGER and BEING MORE SENSITIVE then yes these are things I need to work on.

chai2 wrote:

I don't think that's what he means.

. . .

http://multimedia.billybrew.com/inigo-montoya.jpeg
"I do not think it means what you think it means."
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 02:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
Lol's sorry JG, but some of the comeback is funny, like very clever, I giggled.

IDK you can't speak their language and so, you will be viewed as "WT?" is this person doing here, troll.

Just ask your question and leave ... The more questions you fire, the more they are going to wonder.

By the way, you're quite well verses in alot of words and punctuation is way better than mine, that shows a form of intelligence. You never did answer me what "type" of jobs you could apply for..
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 02:30 pm
@Mame,
I asked some people for advice and their opinions and they told me.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 02:31 pm
@thack45,
And you criticize me for being a bad Christian.

I was serious when I posted this thread.
thack45

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
To be honest, I can't recall if I've ever criticized you specifically for being a bad christian. I may have hinted that you were rebuking people with double standards -- you pointing out that you're a christian while at the same time being uncharacteristically not christian. Or maybe I just thought it but never posted. Again, I don't remember.

Anyway... when you do post threads, point out the times you're not being serious. Some people here may think you're being serious in all of your threads.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:31 pm
@thack45,
I am serious in most of the threads I post.
thack45

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
EXACTLY!!!
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:29 pm
I was told elsewhere:

"Before you post any questions on other sites, you can preface your questions by stating that you're not a troll, you do not intend to offend, you're doing research and that you're merely curious."

That is what I should have done on some of these sites, and I am going to say I should have done this when I talk to the staff on some of these sites.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

That is what I should have done on some of these sites, and I am going to say I should have done this when I talk to the staff on some of these sites.

That post really made me laugh Jason. How often do you have to talk to staff? How many sites have given you warnings? Maybe you should start your own website then you can decide who stays on. May I suggest talktoamadbastard.com.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:42 pm
@izzythepush,
No one asked you- if I want to make appeals that is my business and concern.

If I run into issues with others I go back and confront them.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
It's just next time you have to make an appeal on A2K, you've got my support. I missed you when you were banned. I've never been asked to leave a site, and I'm not exactly nonconfrontational. You must go really mental. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to post links to the stuff that got you thrown off. It would be greatly appreciated.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:51 pm
@izzythepush,
No - that is NOT your business. All I said was I had gotten in trouble dealing with others because of my behavior - I am not going into details about it.

Stop dwelling on this.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:58 pm
@izzythepush,
I should have kept my big black mouth shut. It is just like you to be a stickybeak and stick your nose where it doesn't belong.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 01:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm sorry, it's really captured my imagination. I like it when you go nutzoid, but I feel I've not even begun to see the extent of your wild craziness. I would love to read you at your frenzied, frothing at the mouth extremes.