How to help family from outside India

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 04:44 am
Hi,My name is sandhya. This is about my father in law. He is 63 yrs old.He is alcoholic. My mother in law suffers badly because of this. My father in law is otherwise a health person. Want to know a place which will treat him for his alcohol habits as well as take care of him in a friendly environment for a few months. Any hospital or a place that will treat good. This is not about keeping him away. We are not able to control him with love. We want a fresh place where he can forget about alcohol and be happy for some days. Also please give me a hospital in Chennai to take him for health check up. would appreciate any advice
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 1
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 02:56 am
@sandhyafern,
You can not save people that do not want to be saved... Although I commend you and what I mean by that is I imagine you are not in India? Therefore the questions..

Is your Mother-in-law telling your husband this, that she suffers when he drinks and if so how? Abuse of words or of physical action? You can advise her of the answers but will he go there?

If your Mother-in-law is suffering from physical abuse when he drinks, she must consider her safety and not be blinded by the word of commitment of marriage until he has seeked help and over come the problem.

People drink through pain, lonliness, un-happiness he is not just an alcoholic, there is an underligning problem..

Apollo Hospitals Group is one of the largest healthcare groups throughout Asia and includes India... But beware of advertising, and find friends in India or join a site in India to confirm what is best.

Ultimately he will not go anywhere unless he wants help
Ultimately your husband should be there for his Mother if the abuse is physical and get her out until it can be sorted.
0 Replies