Fiat and J-LO SUCK!

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:33 pm
Quote:
NOVEMBER 22--As part of a new multimillion-dollar endorsement deal with Fiat, Jennifer Lopez has shot several TV commercials for the Italian automaker, placed the Fiat 500 in her latest music video, and even put the vehicle center stage during her performance Sunday night at the American Music Awards.

But while the brand building and cross-promotion campaign is both lucrative and far-reaching, the star does have her collaborative limits. Specifically, the 42-year-old actress will not visit the Bronx in service of shilling the subcompact car.

While Lopez, Fiat, the automotive firm’s PR people, and its Detroit ad agency would have consumers believe that the star deigned to return home to film a low-speed pilgrimage through the gritty streets of her hometown, she actually never set foot in the Bronx during the filming of the Fiat spots.

Instead, the role of “Jenny from the Block” was played by a body double, according to two sources familiar with the commercial production. While the Lopez lookalike was actually behind the wheel in the Bronx, Lopez herself was in Los Angeles, where she was filmed inside a Fiat 500
To help perpetuate this fakery and fiction, the commercial is crammed with every stereotypical New York street scene that director Max Malkin could stage. Along with cutaways of Lopez looking glamorous at the wheel, the actress purportedly drives past a teen boy drumming on overturned plastic pails; a guy break dancing on a sidewalk; a black NYPD officer walking the beat; kids cavorting under an open fire hydrant; girls in Catholic school uniforms double-dutching; graffiti artists spray painting the metal gate of a hardware store; black guys shooting hoops in the park; and teenage girls trying out their best curbside hip-hop dance moves.

It is such a breathtaking assemblage of hoary urban clichés, it’s a wonder that Lopez & Co. forgot to include a shot of some grizzled pensioners playing dominoes or a Puerto Rican enjoying some shaved ice

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/jennifer-lopez-phony-fiat-ad-564812

Wasn't it just last Week the J-LO was getting loads of rasberries for dancing around a Fiat at the AMA's??? I think it was.

J-LO..taking selling out and pocketing the cash to a new level.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,967 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Fiats suck. J-Lo ...ummmm? I see it as a bad career move (politically) but payday must be huge. Sellout city.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:01 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Fiats suck. J-Lo ...ummmm? I see it as a bad career move (politically) but payday must be huge. Sellout city.
Ya, but she claims that she wants to get her career moving after a long time off, that her actions now are not supposed to be about fast and cheap whore paydays. Who ever is managing her needs to be fired PDQ, this is not how one goes about getting back into the good graces of the customers.
Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Have you ever driven a Fiat? Know anyone that did?

J-lo? Liar-liar-pants on fire. Talk about junk in the trunk!
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:06 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
J-lo? Liar-liar-pants on fire

Good point...this was a bad idea from the get go...her lying about being in NYC filming this ad plays into our preconceived notion that she is lying about this being a product that we should buy. She is burning down her credibility as if on purpose..this is not how you rebuild your entertainer career.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
A new 60-second Fiat spot that debuted last Thursday supposedly shows Lopez (whom Fiat describes as “Actress, entertainer, film, TV and music producer, fashion designer, entrepreneur and humanitarian”) purportedly driving a limited edition Fiat 500 through Manhattan. Like “My World,” Lopez was digitally piped into Gotham.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/jennifer-lopez-phony-fiat-ad-564812

This reads " J-LO...Profession: dabbler and BullShit artist"
Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 09:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
J-Lower

J-Lowly

J-Lie-thru-my-teeth

I'd even go so far as to say that I don't believe she drives at all. Most hi profile celebs have (or should have) a professional driver. The reason being that if there's ever a traffic accident and someone sees that it's her, a huge lawsuit ensues. A driver helps cut down on lawsuits.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 09:32 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Have you ever driven a Fiat? Know anyone that did?

Yes, I did. Years ago. A tiny little one. Very comfortable, zippy little thing, for a small person to drive.
Only one problem, though: the axle (I think it was the axle! Smile ) broke when I over-loaded it moving house.
Oh, just thought of another problem I experienced: some critical Fiat part (which could only be imported) meant that my car sat at the garage for weeks during a strike at Oz dockyards.
After that, I declared that my next car would have parts that could be bought at the supermarket!
Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 10:42 pm
@msolga,
FIAT = Fix It Again, Tony

In the mid-'70s in eastern US they were quite prevalent but often cursed. tehy broke down quickly. While zippy and sporty-ish, they broke down often and were quite expensive to repair as there was a long boat ride for the parts.

Eventually they went out of business in North America. They're now being re-introduced here and they had left such a bad stench that New Fiat corporate types needed to hire J-Lo to distract people.
msolga

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 10:50 pm
@Ragman,
I confess I spent a small fortune on repairs of that nifty little red Fiat, Ragman.
My next car was a hardy little yellow VW beetle (courtesy of my ex-husband, who moved on to a company car) ... it sounded like a lawn mover, felt like a lawn mover when driving, got blown around something awful by the wind on the freeway, but it never ever broke down!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 06:23 am
I don't know much about a Fiat but Jlo is sizzling

Get on the Floor! and she's getting out of a BMW in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4H_Zoh7G5A&ob=av2e
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 06:28 am
the best collaboration between j-lo and a fiat would be a single car fatal car wreck, preferably a flaming wreck on a lonely desert highway
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 01:57 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

the best collaboration between j-lo and a fiat would be a single car fatal car wreck, preferably a flaming wreck on a lonely desert highway
Do you feel an guilt over your hate?

Serious question, because increasingly your kind are considered to be criminals.
djjd62

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
you have to admit, it would be the most interesting thing she's ever done

as for hate,words don't hurt, a smack to the head hurts, something i've rarely done (once i believe, when i was about 10)
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:06 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
as for hate,words don't hurt, a smack to the head hurts, something i've rarely do

I agree with you, but we are increasingly in the minority. Non state sanctioned words of aggression and ill will are now often considered to be incitement of a crime, and are considered to be criminal acts.
0 Replies