Yeast Infection Changed My Vagina?

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:56 am
Okay so I had a yeast infection for about a month before I went to get it treated. I went to the gyno and I noticed that there were structural differences inside my vagina (about a finger-deep inside). There were probably two or so ball-like things that you could feel if you stuck a finger up (it wasn't a smooth transition in like it use to be). My gyno said it was swelling because I had the infection for such a while and that it would go away. I was put on treatment, the infection went away but that "swelling" never did. I even went back to ask why there was still swelling, and to see if I still had infection. She said no infection and didn't really give an outright answer about the structural change.

So my question is, is this normal? Can prolonged yeast infections cause a change in the inside of the vaginal canal where I now have these two hard-ish bumps? Or was she wrong?

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,740 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 12:50 pm
Was your sexual partner also treated for the yeast infection? If not, and you've had sex with him post-treatment, he's reinfecting you.

Edit: Hmm, I guess the medical community has decided this is not the case anymore. They're now saying that yeast infections aren't transmitted sexually. Based on my history with these infections when I was younger, I'd disagree with them.
0 Replies
Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 01:34 pm
I don't know, I've never had one. But next time, throw some plain yogurt on it - that's what one of my sisters does - says it goes away in a couple of days. It's all about bacteria.

You don't need to see a doctor, either - you can get cream in any drug store on the shelves (finally).
Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 05:07 pm
Are you SURE it was just a yeast infection?

There are other infections - called ping pong because they can pass between partners back and forth.

Call your Dr. and tell him/her that you still feel those bumps. He/she should have some kind of explanation for you.

Change Dr.s if necessary. Take your file
with the test results to the new Dr. with you.
0 Replies
Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:05 pm
I am not sexually active at the moment, and haven't been for many many months, so the chance of being reinfected isn't there. And I had her check specifically for what might cause these bumps. Maybe a change of doctor is in order Sad
0 Replies
Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 10:46 pm
I was searching online for something like this because it's exactly what happened to me. I had a yeast infection for about a month and noticed the same bumps finger-deep in. I even got the bumps checked and the doc said it wasn't anything std-related. My question is will the bumps ever go away? After treatment they are still there.
0 Replies
Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 04:33 pm
Mame wrote:

You don't need to see a doctor...

I can't believe you'd write something like this, not knowing what exactly is going on with this person. If you have a medical problem, doesn't common sense dictate you consult a medical professional, who is experienced with this disorder.

This is exactly like asking the plumber to fix your bathroom pipes and while he's there, asking him what he thinks of vaginal yeast infections or bumps up your vagina.

You buy health insurance, so for God's sake go see an MD and have your problems resolved.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Yeast Infection Changed My Vagina?
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/27/2022 at 10:18:43