"Curiosity did God created the Universe ?"

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 09:37 am

...I myself fall upon the category of an atheist at least in the classical sense by which the idea of God is commonly attained...but I could argue in turn for the idea of a natural God, the very existence of Everything, the Laws themselves, something like the Einstein God...the question arising in this documentary to my view then is the poor interpretation of terms like zero and nothingness that Steven seems to portrait or even the unsophisticated idea of "God" as a concept that we all still have and endure...balance between matter and negative energy is by no means nothingness, and zero itself as a form of balance, a mathematical ideal, in practice cannot be or represent a perfect equilibrium, otherwise the motion of the machine itself would never have started in the first place...that simple !
....ultimately the explanation presented falls into pure pop culture mostly being shallow, simple minded, and directed to masses with an obvious political purpose concerning the problems regarding the obscure growth of several religious groups In North America as elsewhere, which do pose a clear threat to the continuing of a modern enlightened Civilizations in the west...it happens I just disagree with the form chosen to fight it in this kind of documentary style now in vogue, it just turns science into kids play...

Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 961 • Replies: 3
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 10:11 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't find the god of Deism as appallingly inelegant as the god of the Bible.

If humanity must see a god in the cracks, please let us learn to see something elegant and subtle and beautiful instead of an inept all-powerful barbarian riddled with human flaws.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 10:19 am
@rosborne979,
...not only a straight fair n square remark, but a natural request regarding how we pose the question and build up the very idea of what the word God can possibly mean among enlightened people...as such what is appalling is that the very concept of God unlike everything else has not evolved in western culture for three or four thousand years...naturally either it must fall or get a decent upgrade in meaning...to my view would be wiser to go for the upgrade...
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 07:17 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Please allow me to quote something I posted on another thread:

Quote:

God created the world in six days. That can be an absolutely true statement, depending on your definitions of ‘God’ and of ‘day.’

What do you mean by 'god'? What is a day somewhere other than on this planet?
0 Replies