Jean Marsh's International Animation Film Festival

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 09:25 pm
Does anyone remember this series? It used to be on PBS when I was in high school . I still remember one that was Easten European, about a man who plants a tree in his back yard and cares for it until it is large enough then he hangs himself from a branch! The quality of the work that
on the show was incredable. Why, now that animation is so popluar they don't have a show on now like that amazes me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,045 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 10:19 am
Oh, wow, that brings it back. I don't remember the individual animations, but I remember her - always excited about whatever she was introducing. Hmm, there's something that PBS should revive.
0 Replies

foo10019

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 05:46 am
thiefoflight - I sympathize with you fully.

I remember the series quite well and enjoyed it immensely. (I recall I found Ms. Marsh quite fetching, too!) A couple of years back, after watching Creature Comforts on atomfilms, I recalled a claymation short I first saw on that program. It was about these amorphous blobs that "evolve" and learn how to walk and, after many trials, ultimately fly.

This claymation was played nearly every night at a club I frequented in the early 80s (along with The 20 Minute Workout and Altered States - it was an odd club).

I tried for months to hunt down the name of this claymation so I might find a copy of it. I contacted all sorts of animation SIGs, even Vinton and Aardman Studios to see if it might have been one of their early works.

Watched a lot of shorts that, from the title, might have been it. But, no joy.

I hope you find your animation.

Best -
0 Replies

sheldonrenan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 03:28 pm
@thiefoflight,
I wrote and produced THE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL for PBS in 1975 and 1976. 26 half hour shows plus a hone hour special with the Children's Television Workshop in 1976. What would you like to know? Sheldon Renan [email protected]
HolleyA

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 09:19 am
@sheldonrenan,
I know this is an old post...but I'll try anyway. Was this ever released on VHS/DVD ? One of the shorts still haunts me. About a little man with a dreary job who brings home bits and pieces and builds something- that brings light to his world and makes him smile. I can't believe it is still stuck in my head after all these years. Thanks!
0 Replies