God is not religion/Religion is not God

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 04:30 pm
Every time I try to have a conversation concerning God, people present their debate concerning religion. God is not religion, and religion is not God.
I want to converse about the purpose of the reality we exist in, God is the singularity of the purpose. When the purpose is accomplished, the truth will be known.
Politics, religion, and philosophy are all concepts of the imagination. God is not a concept of the imagination. The imagination is a concept of God.
Imagination is the consciousness of reality. Consciousness is not confined to the limits of the mind. The mind distinguishes our individuality. Scientific studies have provided evidence that our consciousness extends beyond the bounds of the physical image that is our person. We all share one mind or consciousness of reality divided by the individual personalities of our imagination.
The debate rages between the existence of God and evolution. The discovery of evolution does not negate the creator, it just proves the Christian view of the creation of man is wrong. The creation of the human species and the creation of man as a living soul are two different matters. God's creation of man as a living soul took place during the iron age. God planted a garden eastward in Eden, Eden was already there.
God waited until his creation and the consciousness of humans evolved to a specific point in time and then he created Adam. Adam received the knowledge of good and evil, not wright and wrong. Man has entered the generation, or become the generation that sees good as evil and evil as good. This generation will culminate with the wicked killing the righteous thinking they are doing God a service.
Who are the wicked? Who are the righteous? They will be revealed when the righteousness of God is revealed, Actually, they will be made manifest.
The debate between science and religion is just that, a debate between ideas that conflict. Science is science, observable and provable, but theoretical science is biased against the existence of a creator.
Religion is religion, the conceptions and beliefs about God created from biased ideas rooted in ignorance.
When you understand the purpose of the creation of reality as it concerns God and man, Then it can be understood how God accomplished that purpose.
I have desired to personally debate Richard Dawkins as well as Bill Maher. I offer the challenge to them here on this forum. I have tried and found no way to contact them personally. The same with Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert. I offered the challenge for a debate in the Colbert Nation forum also.
I have yet to find anybody to debate with face to face and what I have to share is just to involved to talk about in a forum type setting.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 05:01 pm
@voiceindarkness,
WELCOME to the forum, Voice!

I 'm not sure whether u will find it to be sufficiently dispassionate
n rational to debate this particular topic.

I wonder whether u will find the testimony forthcoming
from people who have returned from death to be of interest
www.IANDS.org concerning this matter.

David
fresco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 05:03 pm
@voiceindarkness,
Quote:
I want to converse about the purpose of the reality we exist in.

No...you want to tell us what you think. Your problem with conversing is that your concept of "yourself" is already premised on a concept of "a god" which protects you from Shakespeare's celebrated description of life as "a tale told by an idiot = full of sound and fury signifying nothing". Throw away your life-belt and then maybe you can talk !

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 05:06 pm
@fresco,
Fresco, its rude
to tell our newcomer what he thinks or what he desires,
as if u were able to read his mind. Its not polite to tell him what to DO, either.

David
fresco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 05:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
1. He is not a new preacher (check out his posting history).
2. Preachers volunteer to be heckled !
( BTW The Murray verdict was a foregone conclusion wasn't it Laughing )

BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:01 pm
@voiceindarkness,
Welcome and this should be fun.

Quote:
Scientific studies have provided evidence that our consciousness extends beyond the bounds of the physical image that is our person

Please give links to back up this claim.

Quote:
God is not a concept of the imagination.

Seems on it face not to be true

Quote:
Adam received the knowledge of good and evil, not wright and wrong

Humans seem to share the same ideas of good and evil as any other pack animals with special reference to our dogs.

Now if only my cats had that concept.

rosborne979

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:24 pm
@voiceindarkness,
voiceindarkness wrote:
I have desired to personally debate Richard Dawkins as well as Bill Maher.
You have a lot of pre-conceived ideas, few of which seem well founded or well considered (at least from what you've presented in your opening post). Either of those two people would destroy you in a debate or be unable to debate you because your basis of discussion is unsupported. I suspect they are being merciful by ignoring your request for a debate.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:40 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
1. He is not a new preacher (check out his posting history).
His first appearance was only 3 days ago. That 's not new????

fresco wrote:
2. Preachers volunteer to be heckled !
Thay shoud not be treated politely??
Is there a reason for that ?

fresco wrote:
( BTW The Murray verdict was a foregone conclusion wasn't it Laughing )
I did not know what to expect.
I knew it coud be either way.
There was an abundance of reasonable doubt
qua whether MJ secretly poisoned himself, in his desperation to sleep.

No good will come of tormenting defendant with incarceration.

I 'd have voted to acquit, if I were on that jury.
Defendant only needed one juror on his side to avoid conviction.

Speaking generally: u never know what a jury is gonna do.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:45 pm
@BillRM,
Bill,
Will u reveal the ideas of dogs qua good & evil ?

Thay have never discussed this with me.

David
BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Come on they are pack animals and they are fully aware when they had done "evil" in term of the pack.

I do not know about you and your dogs but when I used to have a dog I could alway tell coming into the door if the dog had done something "evil" by his or her guilty behavior/body language.

Chights47

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:58 pm
@voiceindarkness,
There's a great deal of things that are horribly wrong with your post but one point really struck me. How is imagination a concept of your god? Your god would have to have an imagination in order to come up with imagination or else he wouldn't have been able to imagine imagination in the first place.
fresco

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Smile
David, I suspect you have a soft spot for preachers because you are prone to doing a bit yourself.
(BTW The jury, presumably having a collective brain, is likely to have reasoned that Murray was guilty of supplying the lethal weapon to an unbalanced patient, even if Murray himself did not pull the trigger.
Logic 1 - Gun Lobby 0 !)
fresco

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:01 am
@Chights47,
Laughing
All replies to such common sense will no doubt be of the form "who do you think gave you your capacity for imagination in the first place ?".

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:24 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
Smile David, I suspect you have a soft spot for preachers
because you are prone to doing a bit yourself.
No; its politeness for any newcomer.
HOW do I preach ??
Is citing to the Constitution or to USSC rulings deemed preaching ?

fresco wrote:
(BTW The jury, presumably having a collective brain,
I take exception to that presumption.
I think that there were 12 individual brains.

fresco wrote:
is likely to have reasoned that Murray was guilty of supplying the lethal weapon to an unbalanced patient,
A man who is unbalanced does not lose his natural rights,
including his right to engage in risky behavior, if such be his choice.

fresco wrote:
even if Murray himself did not pull the trigger.
Logic 1 - Gun Lobby 0 !)
The gun lobby is pretty logical.
We use simple, ez logic.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:28 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Come on they are pack animals and they are fully aware
when they had done "evil" in term of the pack.

I do not know about you and your dogs but when I used to have
a dog I could alway tell coming into the door if the dog had done
something "evil" by his or her guilty behavior/body language.
Your points r well taken, Bill.

David
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 06:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
So Bill gets his ethics from dogs, as well as his language skills.
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
Well most dogs are nicer and more moral then most people.

In fact most dogs are far more intelligent then you had seems to be on others threads on this website.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 07:59 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

In fact most dogs are far more intelligent then you had seems to be on others threads on this website.

The above sentence is testament to your 'intelligence.'
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:19 am
DAY 2: Has "the voice" been silenced then ?
wayne

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:35 am
@fresco,
I guess it depends upon the definition of converse he's using.
0 Replies