God is not religion/Religion is not God

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
My father used to say that, as he lashed hot mustard on his ham. It's more of an imperialist attitude than anything else. If your ingredients are rotten it will be foul, no matter how spicy you make it.
What u say sounds plausible, tho of uncertain veracity.

I have been poisoned by food that tasted very good
(most recently, last summer in Portland, Oregon).
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 01:03 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's not the same as rotten ingredients. Rotten meat can be cooked to kill off the bacteria, it won't poison you, but it will taste disgusting. Poor hygene can contaminate fresh ingredients with e-coli and poison you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 01:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank u for that information.
0 Replies

voiceindarkness

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 05:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
My father used to say that, as he lashed hot mustard on his ham. It's more of an imperialist attitude than anything else. If your ingredients are rotten it will be foul, no matter how spicy you make it.
What u say sounds plausible, tho of uncertain veracity.

I have been poisoned by food that tasted very good
(most recently, last summer in Portland, Oregon).

Poisoned apple, put the mind to sleep.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 09:33 pm
@voiceindarkness,
The winner of the debate is not under the purview of the participants. There is a panel of judges. I think that Dawkins waas kickin yer ass and then realized you were a lightweight. Anybody who thinks hes a deity is already toofucked up to make any cogent points.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 09:35 pm
@farmerman,
Maybe he screamed Dawkins down, until Dawkins quit in disgust.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 10:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Usually the YECs have no arrows in their quiver besides an unshaking belief in the inerrancy of one book of which there are several versions, hence the HExapian presentation of the OT.
Course, I have a volume of Darwins "Origin of the SPecies..." also presented with a line by line comparison of each of his six editions. SOrt of a Darwinian Hexapia. The only difference is that anyone can evidence and prove what Darwin says.
I think the author of this thread is unaware of what he was even posing, if he did indeed attempt to debate R Dawkins. Biblical inerrancy does not easily make friends with scientific investigation. GOOD GOD what if they would find something in error? So, its just best not to look at all.
voiceindarkness

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 12:28 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Usually the YECs have no arrows in their quiver besides an unshaking belief in the inerrancy of one book of which there are several versions, hence the HExapian presentation of the OT.
Course, I have a volume of Darwins "Origin of the SPecies..." also presented with a line by line comparison of each of his six editions. SOrt of a Darwinian Hexapia. The only difference is that anyone can evidence and prove what Darwin says.
I think the author of this thread is unaware of what he was even posing, if he did indeed attempt to debate R Dawkins. Biblical inerrancy does not easily make friends with scientific investigation. GOOD GOD what if they would find something in error? So, its just best not to look at all.
I wasn't debating the Bible, I was debating scientific theory. He couldn't pull his head out of his ass on his their is no God theory, that's all he was interested in.
You can read my theory on my thread...
Big Bang or a Stretch of God's Imagination?
Forums: Big Bang, Speculation
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 07:09 am
@voiceindarkness,
Quote:
I wasn't debating the Bible, I was debating scientific theory. He couldn't pull his head out of his ass on his their is no God theory, that's all he was interested in.
When you engage a conversation with "I was debating scientific theory" and then claim that the other side was being intractable because he wouldnt accept a god as the causitive element of the Universe is sophism. All youre doing is setting the rules by your definitions alone. Thats certainly not a debate. Its shouting down your opponent.
Im guessing that you didnt listen to any of his points and consider the roles that evidence and scientific discoveries play.

How bout you set up a debate and then only include points of fact and items that can be concluded by evidence?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 07:12 am
You're dealin' with a joker who says he is Jesus, there, FM. Keep that in mind when you're asking for evidence.
voiceindarkness

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 07:25 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You're dealin' with a joker who says he is Jesus, there, FM. Keep that in mind when you're asking for evidence.
I'm dealin with jokers who say I'm not Jesus. I'm not here to prove who I am, I'm here to tell the world whats up. Keep that in mind when you're asking for evidence. Wink
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 07:38 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Be fair, he might just be claiming to be Mexican.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:01 am
@voiceindarkness,
Why would anyone with two brain cells to rub together think you know what's up?
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:11 am
@Setanta,
Im not gonna jump on the pile just yet cause Id like to pursue the statement that DAwkins gave up in a debate re "Science".
voiceindarkness

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Im not gonna jump on the pile just yet cause Id like to pursue the statement that DAwkins gave up in a debate re "Science".

He wouldn't even try to open his eyes to see what I was saying. He is blinded by his own bias, against the existence of an intelligent God. So he wouldn't engage in a civil conversation. Just like I am experiencing in this forum. Neutral
voiceindarkness

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:31 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Why would anyone with two brain cells to rub together think you know what's up?
Stop rubbing your two brain cells together and try listening. Smile Be careful, if you rub them together too much, you might start a fire. Laughing
rosborne979

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:42 am
@voiceindarkness,
voiceindarkness wrote:
I'm not here to prove who I am, I'm here to tell the world whats up.
That's why nobody is listening to you. You have to earn respect before anyone will care what you say, and haven't done that yet. Quite the contrary, you've pretty well shot yourself in the foot. And to make matters worse, you've tried to cover it up by acting like it was intentional.
voiceindarkness

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 08:53 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

voiceindarkness wrote:
I'm not here to prove who I am, I'm here to tell the world whats up.
That's why nobody is listening to you. You have to earn respect before anyone will care what you say, and haven't done that yet. Quite the contrary, you've pretty well shot yourself in the foot. And to make matters worse, you've tried to cover it up by acting like it was intentional.
That's the beauty of it all, I don't give a **** what you think of me. Did you shoot yourself in the head? And just how have you earned the right to respect, Go ahead, enlighten us with all of your wisdom. You must have all of the answers, please enlighten me with truth. Neutral
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 10:35 am
@voiceindarkness,
What's to listen to? You babble nonsense. You string words together, i assume because you think they make you sound wise. They don't. They reveal your idiocy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 11:01 am
@voiceindarkness,
What I hear is that YOU, similarly, were only willing to consider your worldview when discussing science with DAwkins. We all know re Dawkins sometimes abrasive manner. However. he does remind us that science makes no room for mythology that cannot be tested or falsified. I dont see anything in your posts that constitutes compelling evidence. You seem to always ignore evidence and only default back to a Biblical interpretation.

I can tell you that, of the about 6 versions of Genesis, none get the scientific order of evolution correct. Genesis versions (all of them) seem to point out that life on the planet ws installed in a very short time and that all living things are all contemporaries and not descendants. Where's the evidence for that?.