Texas Trying to Execute Another Innocent Person

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:38 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Oh I love the title of this thread the man is innocent and the hell with the jury and the appeals as there might be some evidence that can be check with current DNA technology so he is now innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you liked it. I tried hard to make it both hard-hitting and factual. One of my better successes I think.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:41 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Well I will lay some money that the DNA evidence will be check before his death and it will not get him off.

In that case, let's stop blocking the testing and get to testing the evidence.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I am relying on a jury and a very long appeal process not hunches.

So long as the testing of the evidence is being blocked, relying on the jury and appeal process IS relying on hunches.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Oralloy wrote:
the correct presumption is that the defendant is innocent.

That surely is your feelings however your feelings could not be more wrong.

That is my ethics, not my feelings. And my ethics are spot on.

So long as the government blocks testing of the evidence, the correct presumption is that the person is innocent.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:32 pm
Looks like they'll do the tests:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/07/justice/texas-execution-stay/
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:44 pm
@oralloy,
I pray Mr. Skinner is telling the truth. I'm glad they are going ahead with the testing.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:58 pm
@oralloy,
Of course they will do the test and I am willing to lay money down that it will not clear the man.

Trying to execute a guilty man not an innocent man is more then likely.

No one give a **** about the victim and his family.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:01 pm
@BillRM,
It was VICTIMS, not victim. The discussion is about this man maybe being executed when DNA testing still should be done. It's wrong to accuse us of not caring about the VICTIMS or their families when it's not the topic of discussion. You have no idea how any of us feel about the other people in this case.
BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
It is a great emotional story poor innocent man wrongly facing death when the truth is far far far more likely to be cold blooded killer playing games with the system.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:16 pm
@BillRM,
Of course there is that possibility Bill. But, if you knew there was DNA evidence that could prove his guilt or innocence one way or another, wouldn't you want to know, especially if you were the one pushing the plunger on that needle?

You are one that doesn't trust juries, right? I can't keep up with you. One time you defend the criminal and the next you defend the victim. Why not just defend the truth?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:22 pm
@BillRM,
What are you afraid of? You are actually becoming hysterical, because they are at last going to test the last relevant evidence. Do you love to see prisoners die so much? It's like a disease with you. If the man is guilty, I can live with it. We just need to know for certain.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
Take note of the title of this thread IE the thread author was surely not looking for the truth!!!!!!!!!
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:29 pm
@BillRM,
Get a grip! The author of this thread is taking the position he believes the person is innocent, which he may be. He was convicted by a jury so on the books he is guilty.

I'm with edgar, what are you afraid of? What if he is innocent?

I am sure if he had been convicted of rape you'd be singing a different tune and we all know it.
BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:34 pm
@Arella Mae,
I do not had a dog in this race however it does annoy me that for example a man could kill a young police officer and live for 33 years after he was sentence to death.

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:39 pm
@BillRM,
That's not what this case is about, Bill.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
A big part of the problem is that DA is often a first rung on the ladder of political careers and a few too many such careers are paved with blood of innocents and innocent lives being destroyed. Too many ways given the present system that a death penalty could amount to giving double-O number type licenses to the Janet Renos, Scott Harshbargers, Ronnie Earles, Mike Nifongs, and Martha Coakleys of the world.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:09 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I'm with edgar, what are you afraid of? What if he is innocent?

In this, like in everything else Bill is afraid of being proved wrong. He has taken this rather extreme stance, and cannot countenance being mistaken. He would rather an innocent man be put to death.
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 04:18 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
He has taken this rather extreme stance, and cannot countenance being mistaken. He would rather an innocent man be put to death.

Extreme stand how about the title of this thread: Texas trying to execute another innocent person!!!!!!!!

No one had seen any problem with that extreme and silly stand of the author of this thread how odd indeed.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 04:26 am
@BillRM,
That's right just belittle and insult the thread title, that proves you must be right.

The jury system is not infallable, there are miscarriages of justice. There is DNA evidence that could prove the man's guilt one way or the other. Given that the jury system is not perfect there is a chance the man is innocent. You don't want to look at that though, you want to kill the accused and ignore the evidence, just to prove that you are right. Obviously human life comes second to your monstrous ego.

That's not silly, it's sick.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 04:29 am
@oralloy,
I rarely agree with Oralloy, but he has not only his ethics on the side of testing this evidence, he has the core ethos of the American system of justice, which holds that a man is considered innocent until proven guilty. If the state is blocking this testing, there is a good basis to assume that they have something to hide. Even were that not the case, the core ethos of American justice cries out for this test to assure his guilt or innocence.

I agree completely with Izzy, Bill has backed himself into a corner, and would rather see a man executed than admit that he may be wrong.