engineer

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 07:54 am
@Roberta,
These differences are a large driving force for economics. If I do some stuff well and you do other stuff well, why don't we trade and we both come out ahead. I'm ok with simple home repair, but the advanced stuff (and the simple stuff that looks advanced) will take me all day to do a mediocre j0b while an expert can do it in a couple of hours and it will look great. I work hard at what I am good at and I don't begrudge paying someone to take care of what I am "below average" at.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:16 am
@Ceili,
We could be the a2k golfing triumvirate (whatever that word is in female gender) - I used to play the pitch and putt course at Rancho when I was a early teen, and liked it. Went with my dad and my uncle (pretty good golfers) and my cousin. My cousin hated it. I once got a hole in one but it didn't count, since I'd first entirely missed the ball with the club at the tee. I was part of Arnie's Army a couple of times, since some Opens were held at Rancho. Then, skip several decades - I now follow golf again (not play). Got re-interested around the time of the US Open and British Open this year and now keep an eye out for the the kids of US and european golf and a few asian players. There are a few of them that did a perfectly ridiculous couple of dance and sing videos that won my heart.

So - I never became a golf expert, but following it now is fun.
0 Replies