Over the line. Family court judge videoed beating his dtr.

aidan

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well yeah - that's pretty much what I just said isn't it? Aiding and abetting? Get it?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:53 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Well yeah - that's pretty much what I just said isn't it? Aiding and abetting? Get it?
Not by American standards, because you are saying that he did the wrong and she only aided the wrong, so she is presumed to be less guilty. I am saying that they are equally guilty, that if this was abuse ( and I think it is) then she should get the same sanctions that he does. We can start by labeling the offense the same for both...child abuse.
Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:56 pm
Somebody should do that son of a bitch the way he did her.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 02:56 pm
Man, I couldn't even watch that video.

Cycloptichorn
engineer

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:00 pm
Interview with woman and her mom.
aidan

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yeah - well I think it fits here because she didn't get her mom on tape hitting her and if the father is charged with something it'll be physical assault - won't he? If they bring in emotional abuse - yeah the mom is just as guilty. But in this case, the mother is an accessory to the actual criminal activity of physical assault.

Quote:
Aiding and abetting is an additional provision in United States criminal law, for situations where it cannot be shown the party personally carried out the criminal offense, but where another person may have carried out the illegal act(s) as an agent of the charged, working together with or under the direction of the charged party, who is an accessory to the crime. Internationally, it is comparable to other laws governing the actions of accessories, including the similar provision in England and Wales under the Accessories and Abettors Act 1861.

URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-4782377
chai2

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
She said she didn't know what I was talking about. Yeah right.
Mothers can and do walk in on their daughters being raped, and to their dying day honestly believe that nothing happened. You are being naive here.

No, I'm far from naive.

She knew if she stepped in, her gravy train would derail.

You don't need to tell me about my life. I was there, you weren't.

That's all I'm going to say to you about it to you.

Aidan - best you don't engage this idiot any longer.
All he'll do is derail the tread with his sick outlooks, and go farther and farther away with his ramblings.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:02 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Yeah, then he can tell us how "it wasn't that bad"

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:05 pm
@chai2,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Sadly, if she sued him, his retaliation coud be disinheritance.

It will be no suprize if he leaves his judicial position soon.
He has embarrassed the judiciary.

David
chai2 wrote:
So putting up with beatings is more important than to risk not inheriting daddy's money?
No, Chai. That is not my point; that is not my opinion.
Our means of compensation & restitution is usually civil litigation.
I was only pointing out that in THIS case, that option can result in a Pyrrhic victory.

If my post appeared to imply that the victim shoud continue to TOLERATE this abuse,
then I 'm pleased for this opportunity to clarify it. I do not advocate that.
I agree with your expressed position in this matter.
Indeed, I remember in another century, the Italian kid next door
(we were both around 13) complained to me of his father hitting him.
I expressed the opinion that his honor & his dignity required him
to FIGHT BACK.
He did not share my point of vu.
(He objected that his father 'd put him in the hospital
and then throw him out of the house, neither of which he was willing to accept.)

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I know just what you mean. I had to stop because i was gettin' so goddamned angry . . . i was worried about my blood pressue, i just wanted to find somebody and pop 'em in the mouth.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:10 pm
@chai2,
Setanta wrote:
chai2 wrote:
Yeah, then he can tell us how "it wasn't that bad"
I must AGREE with BOTH u and Setanta. That 'd morally appropriate.

I think that the odds of the offender becoming unemployed r at least 2:1.
Whether he ends up in jail, is an open question.

David
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:13 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I know just what you mean. I had to stop because i was gettin' so goddamned angry . . . i was worried about my blood pressue, i just wanted to find somebody and pop 'em in the mouth.

Yeah, I very rarely have such a strong emotional reaction to things I see online. And I even knew in advance what the video was going to show. I still couldn't watch but a couple dozen seconds of it.

Even though it's not as severe as things that happen to other people every day, I would still rank it up there with one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:15 pm
@Setanta,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn
Setanta wrote:
I know just what you mean.
I had to stop because i was gettin' so goddamned angry . . . i was worried about my blood pressue, i just wanted to find somebody and pop 'em in the mouth.
I agree with both of u.
I did not even turn it ON, knowing what was on there. I don 't wanna look at that.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:17 pm
One thing is also evident. She set up the video in advance--she had a pretty good idea that he would be violent, although i don't know that she knew how bad it would be.
chai2

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:18 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Interview with woman and her mom.

That's really interesting engineer, thanks.

When asked why she waited so long, her answer makes perfect sense. She says "Back then I was still a minor, living under his roof. Releasing it then I don't know what would have happened to me, my mother or my little sister. Waiting 7 years has allowed me to pull away, distance myself from the consequences."

Very true.

0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
@chai2,
I literally couldn't watch that.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
@Setanta,
one can just imagine what the penalty for videotaping an encounter would have been...
chai2

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You know, even though the whips with the belt was bad, and the obvious force used, I was sickened more by something else.

The way he beckoned to her in the beginning with his hand, and saying something like "come over here for your beating" (may not have used the word beating, but something similar)

Shocked

What?! Come over here so I can beat you?

It's the damn submission and power over her that's really horrific. The "bend over your bed." "Get on your stomach so I can hit you."

Holy Christ. It's bad enough you're going to hit me and curse at me, belittle me, but I have to voluntarily put my body in the position you could hit me?

That is humiliation.

Man, if he were going to do that to me, I'd end up getting beaten, but not until I was caught, and inflicted some self defense damage of my own.
chai2

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:31 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

One thing is also evident. She set up the video in advance--she had a pretty good idea that he would be violent, although i don't know that she knew how bad it would be.

She said in the interview engineer provided that this (obviously) was the first time this had happened. That is was a regular occurance. She said she sensed things were escalating again, and set up the camera. I think she said the camera was on a couple of hours until the action started.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:36 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

one can just imagine what the penalty for videotaping an encounter would have been...

Exactly. She said she set up the camera, and put a scarve over the red light. She was said when she told her father years later she had the video, he acted like it was no big deal.
She said something like she felt like he was daring her to show it.

Funny, that's what happens when someone thinks they have all this power. They don't rekon on someone actually doing something, and don't imagine how something like this video could take them down.

I'll bet, if asked prior to the video's release, he never would have expected people to react so strongly. He probably thought people would say "that's not so bad".
0 Replies