People fly here from Pamplona, Spain just to say they've done it once and survived

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 09:09 am
The Target stores announced it will begin its Black Friday Christmas sales at midnight Thanksgiving Day. I tend to shop by mail and computer because it's a terrifying experience when the shopping malls open the doors. And the parking is terrible. Some really brave people fly here from Pamplona, Spain, just to say they've done it once and survived.

How do you shop during the holidays?

BBB

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,336 • Replies: 10
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 09:11 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Ah, "here." I was wondering which female resident of Pamplona, Spain was that fearsome.
engineer

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 09:11 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Kind of like the "Dumbo Dash" as Disney.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 09:35 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I certainly donĀ“t shop during the holidays.
I plan everything a head of time and fill up freezer and fridge before. And the stores are to a great extend closed anyway during the holidays.
Already in November I see to that there is enough of papertowels, toiletpaper, soap and all that kind of stuff in the house.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 09:37 am
@sozobe,
(Now this doesn't make sense -- BBB caught the typo in time I guess. It had been):

People fly her from Pamplona, Spain just to say they've done it once and survived
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 09:43 am
@sozobe,
The correct sentence is "People fly here from Pamplona, Spain just to say they've done it once and survived.

BBB
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 05:38 pm
OMG I love shopping and I love Spain!

I'm starting my Christmas shopping early this year but not on black friday.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 05:44 pm
Shewolf and I talked about this phenomenon on my Walmart thread (towards the end of it).

http://able2know.org/topic/179111-1
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 10:12 am
I usually shop on line - that way I avoid the crowds, can shop quicker for the best bargains and avoid taxes.

On a rare occassion when I have seen something on sale that I've never seen on sale (even on-line) before - I have gone out early on Black Friday.

The last time I did this was a few years ago - both my kids wanted DS - I've never seen them on sale (rather they will bundle games with them, but never just the DS alone). Walmart had them marked at $30 less than normal. I picked a Walmart that was more remote (figuring less people). It was crowded but no lines outside - walked in, walk to the DS sale, picked up the two colors and instead of going to the normal registers - went to the electronics register - was in and out in 15 minutes.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 11:08 am
@Linkat,
Some of the big stores have many of their products available by internet ordering based on their weekly ads. I find this easy and the only different in price is for the shipping costs. Even that is cheaper that the cost of gas to get to the store. It a life saver for disabled people, even for those who don't have time to shop.

BBB

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 11:22 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Yeah - Walmart had advertised the same thing - so what do I do - at 12:01am I go online to buy the products and they were already sold out on line.

That was my first mode of attack.
0 Replies