I want society to stop perpetrating 'pro-girl sexism'

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 01:55 pm
Hi all:

I'm extremely feminist even though I am male.

I'm against 'pro-girl sexism' and believe children should not be treated worse or better based alone on their gender. Most women and feminists agree with me. It's the non-feminist macho men who disagree.

'Pro-girl sexism' = society forces males of all ages to treat a girl-child "better" than boy-child of the same age and provide this treatment solely on the basis on gender.

"Better" = the following:

1. More compassion
2. More sympathy
3. More respect
4. More gentleness
5. More easiness
6. More empathy
7. More cleanliness
8. More protection
9. More luxury
10. More personal space
11. More privacy
12. More security
13. More freedom
14. More modesty
15. More decency
16. More leniency
17. Less discipline
18. Less strictness
19. Less physical contact
20. More politeness
21. More courtesy
22. Lower expectations

On average, the adult woman:

1. Is physically weaker than the adult man
2. Is more emotional than the adult man
3. Is better behaved than the adult man
4. Is far more likely to be a victim of opposite-gender violence [e.g. violence may be sexual, domestic, or spousal abuse] than the adult man
5. Can get or be pregnant whereas the adult man can't
6. Is physically more delicate than the adult man
7. Is less likely to mistreat children

Also, it is likely natural for a man to want to treat an adult woman partially over an adult man -- this is seen in many mammalian species. For example in many species of large mammals -- such as bison --, the adult males are rough with each other but tender with the adult females.

Due to this, I believe males of all ages should treat adult women "better" than adult men. However, NO male -- of any age -- should *ever* be socially-mandated to treat girl-children better than boy-children because this will cause boys to develop an intense and life-long hatred for young girls and a hatred for the macho men who teach these boys to defer to girls. This sexism against boy children will likely cause boys to also despise society and it's irrational norms. In addition, it is *not* innate/instinctive for a male -- of any age -- to treat girls "better" than boys.

In addition, science has already proven that average girl-child is NOT *innately*:

1. Weaker
2. More sensitive
3. More delicate
4. Lower-IQed
5. Slower
6. Less energetic
7. Less aggresive
8. Less violent
9. Less cold-hearted [or more hot-hearted]
10. Less openly abusive to members of the opposite gender
11. Less openly sexist against members of the opposite gender
12. More tense
13. More emotional
14. Less emotionally-stable
15. More compassionate
16. More mature in personality
17. Less mischievous
18. Less naughty
19. Less resilient

... than the average boy-child of the same age. In addition, she is not more likely to be mistreated by males [of any age] than he is.

Boy = male under 18 years of age = child

Girl = female under 18 years of age = child

Woman = female who is 18 years of age or older = adult

Man = male who is 18 years of age or older = adult

If a boy-child is more naughty than a girl-child, it is because of the psychological trauma he experiences by being subjected to society's evil gender roles. *Innately*, a boy is no more mischievous than a girl of the same age.

Gender stereotypes are detrimental to children. Kids need to be protected against them.

This 'pro-girl sexism' I speak off has been there in all cultures ever since humans formed a society. From ancient times, the men of society have usually -- at least in public -- treated girl-children "better" than boy-children. This 'pro-girl sexism' is [and always was] *far* more intense in non-western cultures than in western cultures.

Here is my list of examples of non-western cultures:

1. Natives American "Indian" cultures
2. Latino cultures -- such as that of Spain and Mexico
3. Russia
4. All of Asia
5. Turkey
6. Kazakstan
7. Nations run by Islamic fundamentalists
8. All of Africa
9. Eastern Europe
10. All of what used to be in the Soviet Union location
11. Romania
12. South and Central Americas

Here is how 'pro-girl sexism' started:

It most likely started more than thousands of years ago with a small gang of strong macho men [the only male homo-sapien humans existing at the time] who decided that they would treat girls "better" than boys. The gang singled out male individuals and forced them to follow and enforce this rule -- they left the females alone. These male individuals joined the gang and -- out of extreme fear -- began following and enforcing the gang's pro-girl, anti-boy rules. More and more male individuals began joining this gang -- out of fear for their own safety -- and submitting to their oppressive anti-boy regime. This is how the anti-boy, pro-girl gang got bigger. Members of this gang began teaching their boy-children -- likely through extreme corporal punishments -- to follow these sexist rules and pass these rules onto the next generation of children. Fathers who didn't teach their boy-children to follow this sexism were singled out by the gang [which was now big enough to be considered a society] and horrifyingly mistreated along with their helpless sons.

This is my theory as to why 'pro-girl sexism' exists. It exists for the same reason many other irrational, un-natural societal norms exists -- they are followed and enforced out of fear of facing social condemnation.

This historical gang of humans I describe pretty much had similar rules of most of today's street gangs. If they want you, they force you to join, and if you try to leave, they torture and kill you. If they see you and don't want you, they torture and kill you regardless of your actions.

Once again, 'pro-girl sexism' is not at all innate or instinctive. It is an example of learned behavior that is practiced out of fear and shame.

Due to society's 'pro-girl sexism' I don't *ever* want to have children. I don't want my potential son suffering the horrors of society's gender roles nor do I want my potential daughter to turn into spoiled-rotten monster.

Best regards,

Warm Heart

contrex

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 02:35 pm
This is an eloquent warning of the dangers of excessive generalization.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 02:41 pm
@Warm Heart,
Warm Heart wrote:
Here is my list of examples of non-western cultures:

1. Natives American "Indian" cultures
2. Latino cultures -- such as that of Spain and Mexico
3. Russia
4. All of Asia
5. Turkey
6. Kazakstan
7. Nations run by Islamic fundamentalists
8. All of Africa
9. Eastern Europe
10. All of what used to be in the Soviet Union location
11. Romania
12. South and Central Americas

To excessive generalization, i'd add loony conclusions as well. The cultures of Spain and Mexico are not western? South and Central America? What did they do to piss you off? Eastern Europe is not western? Why, because you put the word eastern in front of the word European? Why is Romania mentioned separately from Eastern Europe?

Geography and history weren't strong suits of yours in school, i take it.
contrex

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 03:08 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Geography and history weren't strong suits of yours in school, i take it.

Sounds like nothing was his strong suit in school, except maybe being a jerkwad, which he has clearly kept up over the years since.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 04:03 pm
Me, I read an agenda by a loner.
My prescription - make him read a2k threads incessantly, to get more of an overview.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 04:10 pm
Sounds like a high school Civics class paper - due tomorrow.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 04:21 pm
@PUNKEY,
No, this person can spell.
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 09:33 pm
@Warm Heart,
Ok i found this extremely funny because it is all TRUE! Smile

http://youtu.be/4JA4EPRbWhQ
0 Replies