What is Evil?

Mhatte-Rhaye

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:12 pm
I am pleased to see that you aren't continuing this arguement. (or I may have overlooked something) It is true, I can't stop you from having your own terms of respecting people.

I found Montana's joke immature, so I responded. I would apologize for bringing up a stray debate, but I think it brought up a few good views on what evil is.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:18 pm
vegamite is evil fer sure
0 Replies

Mhatte-Rhaye

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:30 pm
Can someone tell me what vegamite is?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:35 pm
It's some aussie concoction. Like marmalade, only brown. And disgusting.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 05:00 pm
I believe it is a form of "spread" made from brewers' yeast and sewer sludge . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 05:09 pm
Vegamite[/color]

(clickity-click)
0 Replies

Mhatte-Rhaye

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 05:23 pm
LoL
Yeh... Thanks for the info... I guess...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 06:08 pm
I have seen the personification of evil. I have encountered it, fought it, and as a result I bear the scars of battle.

Evil is a formidable opponent, but in the end shall be vanquished.

Allow me to introduce........ Evil...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/26.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 01:53 am
Mhatte-Rhaye wrote:
Montana, you must be kidding me. Are you actually implying Bush to be evil or is that just a crude joke? Trust me, if Bush was 'evil' this country would be in a literal hell. His motives are pure and that is what matters.

Evil, as what I believe it to be, is anything or anyone that's sole intention is to harm, destroy, damage, mislead, etc. anyone or anything.

My religious view on evil... anything conflicting with or disobeying God (or whichever entity you choose to believe.

As a child, I always characterized people as 'good' or 'bad.' Watching all the kiddy shows, the 'bad' guys would acklowedge to the fact that they were evil and take pride in it. There was always a clear line between 'good' and 'bad.' But movies such as Ocean's Eleven or The Italian Job made the 'good' guys law breakers. The movie producers would make me believe that the main character's motives were pure and selfless, and then I thought he was 'good'.

Simply put, if one's motives are not a result of selfishness, jealousy, hatred, etc. then that one is evil.

Yes, I am serious and it was no joke!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 02:06 am
Mhatte-Rhaye wrote:
Oh, one more thing, I understand your opinions on Bush. I can't stop you from thinking what you want to think, nor do I care enough to indulge in a debate to defend Bush. I just found such a comment to be overly rude. I believe it is better to at least respesct the authorities.

I don't think my comment was rude in the least, but if you want to talk about rude, you can have a look at your comments to me. A question was asked and I answered it truthfully, but then you attacked me for my response. In my eyes and many others, Bush is evil and just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to call me crude, rude and immature. I find it hard putting the word "respect" in the same sentence as Bush and as Setanta said "respect is something that earned". Authorities, as you call them are people just like the rest of us and they deserve no more respect than the next person, so by you calling me names simply because you don't agree, makes you immature and rude from where I sit.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 02:31 am
Mhatte-Rhaye wrote:
"His motives are pure and that is what matters."

I assure you that this is strictly your opinion and my opinion is that you need to take the blinders off.

Bush has killed thousands of innocent people for his own selfish agenda, wants to drug test our children in school, wants to ban gay marriages, etc... and if that's the kind of person you respect, then respect away, but don't imply that I lack respect.
0 Replies

Mhatte-Rhaye

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:52 pm
Montana wrote:
Mhatte-Rhaye wrote:
Oh, one more thing, I understand your opinions on Bush. I can't stop you from thinking what you want to think, nor do I care enough to indulge in a debate to defend Bush. I just found such a comment to be overly rude. I believe it is better to at least respesct the authorities.

I don't think my comment was rude in the least, but if you want to talk about rude, you can have a look at your comments to me. A question was asked and I answered it truthfully, but then you attacked me for my response. In my eyes and many others, Bush is evil and just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to call me crude, rude and immature. I find it hard putting the word "respect" in the same sentence as Bush and as Setanta said "respect is something that earned". Authorities, as you call them are people just like the rest of us and they deserve no more respect than the next person, so by you calling me names simply because you don't agree, makes you immature and rude from where I sit.

So far from what I've gathered in this topic, evil is all in the mind. It's one's perspective of an asshole. Respect is something you should give everyone. Respect is restraining yourself from walking up to a passer-by and telling them they remind you of a monkey's ass. It's treating someone like a person. Calling anyone evil is low. Yes, respect is earned. True. How? By being born. It is understandable to lose respect towards individuals and that's perfectly acceptable. If you said something concrete about Bush then I couldn't care less. But when you just blurt out your opinions about the leader of a nation without any respect, that'll piss me off.

BTW
Montana wrote:
In my eyes and many others, Bush is evil and just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to call me crude, rude and immature.

I see since many people, you assume, are on your side that makes you right and tells me to shut my mouth? Right... Your comment wasn't necessary. I told you my opinion on it.

Montana wrote:
Bush has killed thousands of innocent people for his own selfish agenda

Is answered by:

montana wrote:
I assure you that this is strictly your opinion and my opinion is that you need to take the blinders off.

Let me clear up a previous statement of mine.

Mhatte-Rhaye wrote:
His motives are pure and that is what matters.

What I meant was, from what I see, Bush isn't out to sap the living out of the world. He is pursuing what he believes to be right. He was elected president of the U.S. for this job, if you didn't know. I know that he didn't win by a landslide, but he is still the president.

And your statement:

Montana wrote:
don't imply that I lack respect.

Oh, don't worry, Montana. I imply.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 04:00 pm
I suppose GWB's motives are pure, but that doesn't make them any less damaging. I wouldn't call him evil, just severely misguided.

I don't think he should have been elected being that he didn't win the popular vote, but that has nothing to do with his being evil. All politicians are corrupt when it comes to counting votes.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 10:07 pm
Mhatte-Rhaye wrote:

Mhatte-Rhaye said

So far from what I've gathered in this topic, evil is all in the mind. It's one's perspective of an ****. Respect is something you should give everyone. Respect is restraining yourself from walking up to a passer-by and telling them they remind you of a monkey's ass. It's treating someone like a person. Calling anyone evil is low. Yes, respect is earned. True. How? By being born. It is understandable to lose respect towards individuals and that's perfectly acceptable. If you said something concrete about Bush then I couldn't care less. But when you just blurt out your opinions about the leader of a nation without any respect, that'll piss me off.

Montana said

I agree that respect is something that should be given to everyone, which is exactly why I think Bush is evil. You said "Calling someone evil is low", but in my eyes, what Bush has done is lower than low! Yes, I did blurt out my opinion of your so called leader and I could care less if it pisses you off. Your precious leader is killing innocent people every day and that happens to piss me off, which explains why I have no respect for the man. I respect everyone equally, so your "authority figures" don't impress me one bit. I don't respect them any more or any less than the average Joe/Jane. If you want to place these "authority figures" on a pedestal, then be my guest, but don't expect me to follow! I will continue to express my opinions as I see fit and I assure you that I won't be looking for your approval in the process. I did not insult you in any way, yet you attacked me, called me names and said I lacked respect, so who is the one lacking respect here?

Mhatte-Rhaye said

I see since many people, you assume, are on your side that makes you right and tells me to shut my mouth? Right... Your comment wasn't necessary. I told you my opinion on it.

Montana said

I never told you to shut your mouth, so don't put words in my mouth and who in the hell are you to tell me my comment wasn't necessary? I also don't need you to decide what is or isn't necessary, thank you very much. You have every right to express your opinion, but what you don't have is the right to tell me what to think, feel or do, nor do you have the right to insult me!

Mhatte-Rhaye said

What I meant was, from what I see, Bush isn't out to sap the living out of the world. He is pursuing what he believes to be right. He was elected president of the U.S. for this job, if you didn't know. I know that he didn't win by a landslide, but he is still the president.

Montana said

So, how do you know that he's doing what he believes is right and doesn't have some kind of selfish agenda, or is simply seeking revenge? Do you know him personally? From what I've seen, he didn't win the election at all, but stole it! He may be the president, but that doesn't justify any of the terrible things he's done and is still doing. He's a human being and is no better than the rest of us.

And your statement:

Montana wrote:
don't imply that I lack respect.

Mhatte-Rhaye said

Oh, don't worry, Montana. I imply.

Montana said

Whatever floats your boat ;-)
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:41 pm
Montana
0 Replies