Car Repossed

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 11:44 am
If I signed contract on 9/7/11 at a pawn shop. My first payment was to be on 10/7/11, but they kept documents dated 8/31/11, on which date I came in for $100.00. They knew I had just went to work. My question is If I had not spoken to them, nor received any letter. Regular or certified. They made no attempt to come to house. Is there a minimum time line to reposses. They took car on 11/20/11. I figured I was 13 days late, and was planning on going in on 21st, since I work out of town in a remote town with no cellular service. I do not get home till after 7 pm. in which they are already closed. 30 years ago when I repo'd cars for Ford Motor Co. (Utah),We had to wait 90 days, and have proof of certified letter. How long or soon can a Co. take car with no forwarning.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 814 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 12:46 pm
@Dave A Terry,
I think you meant they took the car on 10/20/11, right?

What's your contract say?
They are under no obligation to "warn" you.
Your payment, you said yourself, was 13 days overdue.

Unless the contract says differently, they can come at a minute after midnight on the day after the payment is due.

Joe(you're screwed and you are one holding the screwdriver.)Nation
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 01:12 pm
@Dave A Terry,
If you don't want to be late and you work out of town, give them post-dated checks. There are always ways to circumvent this kind of thing.
0 Replies