What are your favorite little known Hollywood facts and secrets?

wandeljw

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 05:59 pm
Donald Duck never wore pants in any of his movies.

The offscreen relationship between Johnny Weissmuller and Cheetah was strained because of professional jealousy.
dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 06:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
You know Tsar.....it's just so damn GOOD to see the drop bear take its rightful place in the arsenal of American general knowledge.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 06:33 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

don't threaten da bear. Wink

That wasn't a threat. It was a love nibble.

But NOW.....well, you better look carefully before you take your next **** in the woods. Just saying.
dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 06:35 pm
@Roberta,
Your general knowledge is kinda awesome you know.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 08:43 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Donald Duck never wore pants in any of his movies.

Because Mickey kept sneaking into his dressing room and stealing all his pants.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 08:46 pm
After the mouse that Walt Disney had based Mickey Mouse on threatened to sue for royalties, Walt bought a cat.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 01:19 am
@wandeljw,
The Disney animals wore some kinda clothes. The Looney Toons characters were nekkid as jaybirds. Donald musta been a middle of the roader.

Johnny is lucky that Cheetah didn't bite his face off. And, wandel, I heard that the problem was not so much professional jealousy. They both had the hots for Jane. But she wasn't into primates.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 04:58 am
The producers actually swiped a real brain to put in their Frankenstein monster's head. Karloff was never the same, after.
roger

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 05:07 am
@edgarblythe,
WOW
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 05:50 am
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has never been granted accreditation by any government education authority.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:01 am
Black and white movies used chocolate sauce for blood because it has the right consistency and no one could tell it wasn't red.

Peckinpah used hot sauce for blood because it was hot and he could buy it in large barrels.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:07 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

The Disney animals wore some kinda clothes. The Looney Toons characters were nekkid as jaybirds. Donald musta been a middle of the roader.

I hear that Donald was bistudio curious.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:12 am
@parados,
I heard that Leonard Nemoy was given forced blood transfusions (a plasma composite mostly made up of concentrated guacamole) during his tenure as Mr. Spock in the Star Trek TV show and movies in order that he "bleeds" green like a Vulcans are supposed to do when cut.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 07:33 am
Clark Gable had bad breath.
Letty

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 08:39 am
@mags314772,
Funny, Mags. Perhaps someone should have washed out his mouth with soap for saying, "...frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn..." Razz

Tarzan is the son of a British Lord and Lady who were marooned on the West coast of Africa by mutineers. When Tarzan was a year old, his mother died of natural causes, and his father was killed by Kerchak, leader of the ape tribe into which Tarzan was adopted. Tarzan's tribe of apes is known as the Mangani, Great Apes of a species unknown to science. Kala is his ape mother. Tarzan (White-skin) is his ape name; his English name is John Clayton, Lord Greystoke (the formal title is Viscount Greystoke according to Burroughs in Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle; Earl of Greystoke in later, non-canonical sources, notably the 1984 movie Greystoke). In fact, Burroughs's narrator in Tarzan of the Apes, describes both Clayton and Greystoke as fictitious names – implying that, within the fictional world that Tarzan inhabits, he may have a different real name.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 10:48 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

blueveinedthrobber wrote:

don't threaten da bear. Wink

That wasn't a threat. It was a love nibble.

But NOW.....well, you better look carefully before you take your next **** in the woods. Just saying.

I'm a civilized Bear. Not only do I not **** in the woods... I'm not Catholic. Wink
parados

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:28 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yogi Bear used to set forest fires just so his cousin would stay employed.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:54 am
Cousin It was really a sheepdog. It took them 6 months to train him to walk around on his hind legs while keeping his front legs tucked inside his long hair, which was left to grow for an entire year prior to the series start in order to get it the proper length. They never could train the dog to talk, which is why all It ever did was babble incoherently, leaving the actors to pretend they knew what It was saying.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:08 am
Of course you know that Governor Chris Christie has his Actors' Equity card.

It comes from playing Jabba the Hutt. He eschewed makeup, trying to go for a more natural look, as he was a member of the realistic school. He also method acted, often staying for days in character as he invited starlets up to his room with promises of free gold bikinis and chained dancing lessons.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:14 am
@Roberta,
I real life, Jane had a handsome husband (that's actually true).
0 Replies