The relationship of the four

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 04:11 am
Does "Infectious Diseases Unit and Microbiology Department, The Canberra Hospital, and School of Clinical Medicine" mean:

Infectious Diseases Unit in The Canberra Hospital, and Microbiology Department in School of Clinical Medicine?

It is quite confusing. Smile

Context:

Infectious Diseases Unit and Microbiology Department, The Canberra Hospital, and School of Clinical Medicine, Australian National University, Woden, ACT, Australia
(Prof P Collignon MB);  
More:
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(11)60401-7/fulltext#aff2
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 491 • Replies: 5
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:26 am
@oristarA,
It looks to me as if The Canberra Hospital and School of Clinical Medicine is all one unit, and The Infectious Diseases Unit and Microbiology Department is one Department within The Canberra Hospital and School of Clinical Medicine.
oristarA

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It looks to me as if The Canberra Hospital and School of Clinical Medicine is all one unit, and The Infectious Diseases Unit and Microbiology Department is one Department within The Canberra Hospital and School of Clinical Medicine.

More confusing. Very Happy
izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:31 am
@oristarA,
Sorry, instead of thinking of four think of two. The Canberra Hospital and School of Clinical Medicine is the name of ONE institution. The Infectious Diseases Unit and Microbiology Department is ONE department.
oristarA

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 07:23 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Sorry, instead of thinking of four think of two. The Canberra Hospital and School of Clinical Medicine is the name of ONE institution. The Infectious Diseases Unit and Microbiology Department is ONE department.

Thank you.
Any link to support that?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 07:43 am
@oristarA,
Sorry no link, I never said I was 100% certain, but it seems the most likely explanation.
0 Replies