the Civil War

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:32 pm
Practically flawless

Is it even possible to make a film that is better than this? Quite simply, this mini-series is as close to perfect as a film can get. I just don't know where to begin when heaping praise upon this masterpiece. The narration, the photographs, the music...it's all outstanding. This series should be mandatory viewing for all American history students, and if you are an American Civil War buff who hasn't seen this film, then rent it NOW. You will not be disappointed, and may even find it to be the greatest documentary film that you have ever had the good fortune to watch
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 658 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:09 am
Very high praise indeed.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:52 pm
All of Ken Burn's mini-series PBS documentaries are incredible. "Lewis and Clark" is one of my favorites as well as "Jazz." He's really placed the bar high up for himself to outdo the achievement. There is practically no other producer who has quite made the grade except, perhaps, for "Chicago: City of the Century" which I have on DVD. It has some great extra features like a modern trip on the L down all of its many legs to each unique community and landmarks.
0 Replies