Crime Decreases As Numbers of Gun Owners Rise

parados

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 07:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Jesus said that if u don't have a sword,
u better buy one. Luke 22:36
We can extrapolate the principle to handguns.

No. But it seems even you can take bible verses out of context to make them mean what you want.

38And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”

I'm guessing that verse can be applied to guns as well. 2 guns for 13 people are enough. You need no more.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 08:45 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
Jesus said that if u don't have a sword,
u better buy one. Luke 22:36
We can extrapolate the principle to handguns.

No. But it seems even you can take bible verses out of context to make them mean what you want.

38And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”

I'm guessing that verse can be applied to guns as well. 2 guns for 13 people are enough. You need no more.
No. U try to twist the argument in a futile effort to discredit me.
It is NOT as if I had argued that victims
shud defend themselves with multiple guns
at the same time.

I responded to Rocky's plea for Biblical guidance.
parados

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 09:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You have consistently argued that everyone should be armed David? Or are you going to deny that?

You attempted to support that with a specious biblical claim that God told people to sell their cloak and buy swords that you thought refutes someone else's interpretation of the Bible. I didn't have to discredit you David. You discredited yourself by taking the verse out of context.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 10:18 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

You have consistently argued that everyone should be armed David? Or are you going to deny that?

You attempted to support that with a specious biblical claim that God told people to sell their cloak and buy swords that you thought refutes someone else's interpretation of the Bible. I didn't have to discredit you David. You discredited yourself by taking the verse out of context.
O, yea ?
What was that "context", pray tell ?

Let's deal with that FIRST.
parados

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2013 11:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
The context is here -

http://esv.scripturetext.com/luke/22.htm

Not only does Jesus tell them that 2 swords for his 12 disciples is enough he also reprimands them for using a weapon.
0 Replies