acute = ? personal = ?

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 04:49 pm

Context:

For practising physicians, the call for responsible action is especially acute and personal. Clinical work is founded on principles of professionalism and 24stewardship. Our responsibility is both collective and personal. People still misuse, and physicians still prescribe, antibiotics to treat viral infections. Health-care providers still treat infections, such as pneumonia and sinusitis, longer than indicated by the latest evidence, and fail to de-escalate antibiotic therapy promptly on the 24basis of culture results and sensitivity testing. We should be raising our voices to curtail the widespread use of crucial antibiotics in food production animals. We should argue for the need to strengthen local, national, and international global antimicrobial use and resistance surveillance. We should work with our institutions and health systems to ensure fastidious adherence to antibiotic use policies, hand hygiene, and other 25important infection-control measures.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 347 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 06:38 pm
@oristarA,
acute - immediate
personal - having direct relevance to the doctors in question.
oristarA

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 12:11 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

acute - immediate
personal - having direct relevance to the doctors in question.

Thanks
0 Replies