develop = win over?

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 04:33 pm
What does "develop" mean in "develop an understanding and recognition"?
Win over? Strive for?

Plus, does "they" refer to "those leading these efforts"? or refer to "approaches"?

Context:

Unfortunately, it is doubtful that these efforts will have the resources, leverage, and influence on policy makers to have a meaningful eff ect on antibiotic use and resistance. How high-level recommendations can have a global effect on antibiotic prescribing and transmission control in the real world of physicians’ offices, hospital wards, and long-term care facilities is not clear. Nor is it clear how these efforts can change public attitudes about antibiotic use. Those leading these international efforts urgently need to develop an understanding and recognition of the most successful approaches, wherever they are working, so that these strategies can be repeated and spread. It will be very useful to examine how the attitudes, culture, and practices of one community can be transferred to another, and how stewardship programmes in one 21 country can be implemented in diverse settings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 326 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 04:49 pm
@oristarA,
It means ...study and extend the doctor-patient-pharamacist communication strategies in places where a restrictive policy is successfully extending the life of an antibiotic.....and yes..."they" refers to approaches/strategies.
(Note that in some countries antibiotics can bought from unscrupulous pharmacists without prescription)
oristarA

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 04:54 pm
@fresco,
Thanks
0 Replies