What kind of soap did you use growing up?

wayne

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 04:29 am
@roger,
Wash you're hands Roger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Eo31OULiy-U
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:06 am
@chai2,
Dial and Zest.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:22 pm
@wayne,
As a bacteriology major, just to take the classes, I had to get various vaccines. O0h look, pseudo triceps..
Meantime, I never had mumps or whooping cough or one of the measles - I had the other one, but don't remember which: those seem to be proliferating, and I doubt those were in my school shots re bacteriology.. the pathogens we were working with were more serious at the time. Don't know.

I probably saved an article I read recently, that the dispenser things miss stuff in hospitals, and that soap and water works best for (what, I forgot). Point being, do both. But hospital bathrooms I've seen recently don't have soap.

I've long been wary about the whole situation. My original path prof was a brit, who kept saying words like isolation - as in iss - oh - lay - tion. But he did instill how the march of resistance happens. And that was in the early sixties.

I don't know what I think now, long out of the bacteriology field, but I have a sense we are going in the wrong direction in a handbasket.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:34 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I knew I liked you, Wayne.

That may not be all so dumb as our germ phobia has probably proliferated them while we are all less exposed.

Of course it is dumb around pathogens, so the scenarios are tricky.

Even I, not a germ phobe, am careful in hospitals, washy washy.

Dial, back in my acquaintance with it, had some germ phobe component. Hexachloraphine? At the time, I knew no chemistry. Now, I remember near no chemistry.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 06:59 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Nobody used Camay?

I used Camay on my wedding night.

Of course, I used the clean hand towels to drape across the sheets on the bed.

http://myfattitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Ad-Camay-Mild-Soap-Diet-2.jpg
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:02 pm
@chai2,
I'm confused...

camay is muff soap?

like for shaving your lady parts?
chai2

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:06 pm
You know what?
I'm a germaphobe, and I never got any of the afformentioned diseases either.

So, I guess the message is, if you like to be clean go forth and bathe.

I always find it funny when people say "well, my house is like a petri dish, and I never get sick."

So?

I don't like being dirty.
When I was a little girl, my brothers were going to make one of those plaster of paris in the pie tin mold of my hand for mothers day.
I thought that a splendid idea until I realized they wanted me to put my hand in the stuff!

I made it all the way down to Doris Ballman's house before they caught me, and drug me back kicking and screaming.
I got away twice more in the house. First they found me behind the furnace, then, hiding in my parents shower.
chai2

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:08 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I'm confused...

camay is muff soap?

like for shaving your lady parts?

No silly.

Every maiden get's handed a towel to lay across the bed on her wedding night.

The camay just made your skin glow so all the guests would say how lovely the bride looked.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:11 pm
@chai2,
musta been where I went wrong.

I made my wife clean the kitty first. can't remember if it was camay or something else...

I don't think she was a maiden.

she did glow...
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:28 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Whatever the hell was avalable in those CARE packages we got in the DP Camp.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:29 pm
@chai2,
you ever use dorothy gray sahlon cleansing cream?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q1gksqqhLU&feature=related

removes every trace of radioactivity from your pores...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:33 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah. I know you, somewhat, Andy, from our talking on a2k, and you, me, but a friend from estonia also.

So, nods to you both.

Not to be too nosy, but have your written any kind of diary. I know you are a writer.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Not to be too nosy, but have your written any kind of diary. I know you are a writer.

Hell, no. Who had time to keep diaries? Seaglass has frequently urged me to write an autobiography or, at least, a piece of fiction based on autobiographical material. Maybe next year. Started one time but it really sucked big time.

Btw, you have the right to be nosy as you call it. We've known each other since Abuzz days.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:07 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I couldn't keep a diary past a week (thus a waste of some kind of tablet) even as a teen. I see Seaglass's point, natch, but internally get yours.

My diary is in my head, and I suppose yours is too.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 04:00 am
@chai2,
It's a funny thing, our cleanliness habits and such.
If I'm all cleaned up and glowing, I get kinda picky and anal about staying that way. But once I get dirty and grubby, I don't really mind it at all.
I'll be going out to a friend's farm this morning, to help build some fence. I will start out clean, with clean clothes, it's wet and muddy out today so the first hour or so I will feel that discomfort. I think I'll just go hug a cow right off and get it over with.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 05:25 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Palmolive

David
chai2

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 07:27 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

you ever use dorothy gray sahlon cleansing cream?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q1gksqqhLU&feature=related

removes every trace of radioactivity from your pores...

WHOA!

I'm sending off for that informative brochure right now!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 07:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:
Palmolive

David

My grandmother would oft times point out to me the stock quote of Colgate Palmolive from the tiny columns in the Wall Street Journal she read regularly. She would do this as I played at her feet with a bar of Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap.
"Joicia" she said, "Tis iz a stock you shold alveys have. It pays you goot dividents, and it iz always going up and splitting"

Grandma was right. This last year it's ROIC was 21.75%, and it's had consecutive dividend increases for 48 years.

I still keep a few shares, and only buy Palmolive dishwashing detergent, for the occassional times when I hand wash something. Great for washing your car too.
George

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 08:04 am
I could never accept
palm + olive = clean
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 08:27 am
@George,
George wrote:
I could never accept
palm + olive = clean
Did u try the soap? I found its results to be successful.

David
0 Replies