Is it really possible for sense organs such as the eye to evolve?

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 03:18 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah, he's a regular hoot. He thinks he's a philosopher.
0 Replies

igm

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't disagree? So your point about my post is?

You've assumed that I am talking about the eye in isolation but I'm talking about all/any matter.

You think I'm a creationist when if you read my previous posts you'd have seen this:
igm wrote:

If God created man in his own image... he created man’s eyes to see. Who created God’s eyes and if he created his own how did he see to do that? Wink
0 Replies

igm

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:23 pm
@farmerman,
Here's another song lyric: there's none so blind as those who WILL not see. Also: a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest...Fbxmermbn. Guess the last word... your game my interpretation.
farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:29 pm
@igm,
You seem to be running in circles dont you?
Whatdo you have against evidence and facts?

igm

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You seem to be running in circles dont you?
Whatdo you have against evidence and facts?

What evidence or facts am I against?
Before you answer 'read' my previous posts... I don't think you bother.. you've said as much!
igm

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:34 pm
@farmerman,
Previous post amended.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 05:30 pm
@igm,
Ive read your posts. Youre an idiot.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:11 pm
@kYRANI,
kYRANI wrote:
Is it really possible for sense organs such as the eye to evolve?
No, of course not. It's obviously more reasonable to assume that the entire organism (eyes and all) was just *poofed* into existence by a magical being.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 12:15 am
@rosborne979,
Bingo! Now you are getting it. Next, consider virgin birth -
0 Replies

igm

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 09:53 am
@farmerman,
I disagree and as you've not put forward any evidence or facts for your assertion I'd say you're not able to grasp my arguments... and so you fall back onto petty insults.
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 09:57 am
@igm,
You havent made anything worth commenting upon. AT least the Author laid out his "beliefs", even as evidence-free as they were.

Sometime insult is all thats needed.
igm

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:09 am
@farmerman,
An insult with no substance is the sign of someone with no substance having to retreat to empty insults... Laughing
parados

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:13 am
@igm,
igm wrote:

An insult with no substance is the sign of someone with no substance having to retreat to empty insults... Laughing

Sometimes its the only response one can make to statements that have no substance. (After it has been pointed out repeatedly that those statements have no substance and the "idiot" continues to pretend they do have substance.)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:17 am
You might start reading from this point.

http://able2know.org/topic/178228-5#post-4787410

Edit - (It looks like igm's post that I responded to now has no substance in the physical realm as it was apparently deleted.)
igm

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:26 am
@parados,
It's perfectly reasonable to define terms and to introduce to some extent one's proposition. My reasoning comes in a later post which has to do with 'Neutral Monism'. I don't see a problem with that introductory post. In later posts do I misrepresent Neutral Monism?
parados

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:56 am
@igm,
Are you arguing that your posts have substance?

Perhaps it's your subjective viewpoint that is incorrect.
igm

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 11:14 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Are you arguing that your posts have substance?
Perhaps it's your subjective viewpoint that is incorrect.

This is a 'Straw Man', which you must be aware of, a type of informal fallacy response by you to the question I'd previously posed to you:
igm wrote:

In later posts do I misrepresent Neutral Monism?

You wouldn't have asked those questions if you understood the 'ism' referred to in my question.
igm

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 11:30 am
@igm,
... also:

This previous post is evidence and is indicative of the ‘ism’ I was referring to:

igm wrote:
All of your physics, could be (as you have said and you cannot be certain) non-physical. My post is designed to show that you cannot be certain that the physical world is not non-physical so when you ask someone else ‘as you did’ to prove that there is physical and non-physical reality… you are in the same position as they are with respect of proving that there is ‘a thing in itself’ physical reality.

parados

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 12:03 pm
@igm,
Quote:
This is a 'Straw Man', which you must be aware of, a type of informal fallacy response by you to the question I'd previously posed to you:

Says the man that wants to talk about neutral monism on a thread about evolution of eyes.

By the way, in a strawman fallacy I would have misrepresented your position and then knocked down that misrepresentation. I don't believe I did either of those 2 things.

I stated your previous posts had no substance.
You stated your posts were about neutral monism.
I asked if that meant you thought your posts had substance. Hardly a resounding thumping of a straw structure.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 12:05 pm
@igm,
And your introduction of that 'ism' is nothing but an absurd "red herring".

Which by the way is a logical fallacy that you may or may not be aware of.