It is a done deal....the state is going to Kill Davis

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 03:39 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Personally, I think the next time Rick Perry threatens secession, he ought to be charged with treason.
JTT wrote:
I was against the death penalty, but you talked me into it, you ole smooth talker you.
Will it be OK, if we use JTT just to practice??
JTT

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 03:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
By being a member of a society based on the rule of law, the victim has ceded any moral or logical right to "get even" to society.

Small comfort for the millions of Afghans and Iraqis, isn't it, Finn dHypocrite?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 03:42 pm
@JTT,

Quote:
By being a member of a society based on the rule of law, the victim has ceded any moral or logical right to "get even" to society.
JTT wrote:
Small comfort for the millions of Afghans and Iraqis, isn't it, Finn dHypocrite?
That 's OK, as long as society ACTUALLY DOES avenge the victims.
JTT

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 03:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

If the USA isn't all practiced up with the millions of murders that it has already committed I doubt that it will be with mine, Om.
JTT

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 03:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Then you better lay low, Dave, because based on your metric, the US has got it coming big big time.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 03:47 pm
@JTT,
David wrote:
JTT wrote:
Then you better lay low, Dave, because based on your metric, the US has got it coming big big time.
When thay have that substitute for the World Trade Center finished,
r you going to crash into it????
JTT

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 03:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
A real live honest to goodness Mensan, huh?

Not much on honesty or promises either, are you?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 06:01 pm
I really hate to say this, but Gunga is talking a lot of sense on this thread. And T2L, I don't think he's being racist, he's just telling it how it is.

I'm really happy we don't have capital punishment over here. This only became news over here a couple of days ago. The main concern doesn't seem to be the death penalty but Davis' conviction iun the first place. It looks as if he should have had a retrial, not an execution. Anyway here's a convicted killer's take on the whole thing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/22/death-penalty-troy-davis-death-row
gungasnake

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 07:06 pm
@trying2learn,
Quote:

gungasnake wrote:
Quote:
One big part of the problem is that an awful lot of white people still can't tell two blacks apart if the one is male and the other female or the one alive and the other dead.

That to me is racist

I'm white. I view the thing I described here as a failing on the part of large numbers of white people. It comes from not having enough contact with blacks.

Aside from any other problems which this phenomenon might cause, there has always seemed to be a lot of black men sitting around prison for **** they don't know anything about on account of it, usually due to flawed eyewitness testimony.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 11:33 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
JTT wrote:
If the USA isn't all practiced up with the millions of murders that
it has already committed I doubt that it will be with mine, Om.
When I was 8, in Arizona, I lived next door to a captain in the National Guard.
He used to drive the kids in the naborhood to work out with fully automatic weapons,
including machineguns and submachineguns.

I 've always thawt that submachineguns r tons of fun.
I 've always liked the .45 caliber Thompson Submachinegun,
with the round drum magazine; (some hold 2OO rounds).

Will u hold our targets for us, J????
Thay don 't weigh much; just paper.
It 'll only take a minute.

Maybe we can give u a 21 gun salute!

David
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 03:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Are you threatening violence because you've lost the argument?
Krumple

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 03:47 am
I am really surprised that they went through with the execution after all the public outpouring. There is definitely going to be a huge backlash from this case and the sad part is he never got a chance to investigate these recent events. I am personally against the dp because our system is not full proof. I don't trust nor accept that a case can be absolutely accurate. The fact that an innocent person can potentially die for a crime they did not commit is not worth it. Let alone even though there are states that still have capital punishment it does not deter crime as the supporters try to claim that it does.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 06:41 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Are you threatening violence because you've lost the argument?
No, I wanted to CELEBRATE success
in the argument, by giving him a 21 gun salute, to show no hard feelings.

David
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 08:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
What a boring life you've had, Om. All of three or four events that you keep telling us about.

I have no time for such simple minded antics, but you go on with your childish endeavors.

Quote:
in the naborhood

Is that the area where Jim Nabors lived?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 08:46 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
What a boring life you've had, Om. All of three or four events that you keep telling us about.

I have no time for such simple minded antics, but you go on with your childish endeavors.
Because u have long been mentally crippled, disabled from reasoning
I have no interest in your opinions about anything,
except that I hope that u do not agree with me about anything,
but u r still welcome to hold our targets.

David
JTT

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 08:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
When are you going to honor your promises, Sig? Have you no sense of honor, no sense of the truth?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 08:52 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
When are you going to honor your promises, Sig?
Have you no sense of honor, no sense of the truth?
I hope to do it soon. ( It was one promise, in the singular, not multiple promises, J. )
Incidentally, in the thread itself, u indicated that u did not care much, but I will do it anyway.

Do u feel like posting the link again ?
Maybe u feel that u have already posted it enuf times; I understand.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:03 am

The 8th Amendment prohibits cruel and unusual punishment.
I think it 'd have been good if it had been written with approval
of the same means of killing or wounding that the perpetrator used,
if it were a crime of personal violence.

I think that seems fair.

I wish that I coud write and deliver a letter to the Founders, recommending that.
Maybe just speak to James Madison at one of his gunnery competitions.

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 02:44 am
Quote:
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Sent to death row 20 years ago as a convicted cop killer, Troy Davis was celebrated as "martyr and foot soldier" Saturday by more than 1,000 people who packed the pews at his funeral and pledged to keep fighting the death penalty.
Family, activists and supporters who spent years trying to persuade judges and Georgia prison officials that Davis was innocent were unable to prevent his execution Sept. 21. But the crowd that filled Savannah's Jonesville Baptist Church on Saturday seemed less interested in pausing in remorse than showing a resolve to capitalize on the worldwide attention Davis' case brought to capital punishment in the U.S.
Benjamin Todd Jealous, national president of the NAACP, brought the crowd to its feet in a chant of "I am Troy Davis" — the slogan supporters used to paint Davis as an everyman forced to face the executioner by a faulty justice system. Jealous noted that Davis professed his innocence even in his final words.
"Troy's last words that night were he told us to keep fighting until his name is cleared in Georgia," Jealous said. "But most important, keep fighting until the death penalty is abolished and this can never be done to anyone else."

http://news.yahoo.com/troy-davis-mourned-martyr-1-000-ga-200346278.html

Those who support the death penalty might very well eventually regret that the government killed this man.....
JTT

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 10:06 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Those who support the death penalty might very well eventually regret that the government killed this man.....

Yeah right, Hawk. Some six million and counting, half a million Iraqi kids killed simply because of an immoral embargo, WMDs spread around the planet killing innocents daily and you think there is going to be some regret, some remorse from that crowd. You are truly delusional.