Make(s) up = is composed of ?

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 08:50 pm

Context:

The blood-brain barrier is composed of the specialized cells that make up the brain's blood vessels. It selectively prevents substances from entering the blood and brain, only allowing such essential molecules as amino acids, oxygen, glucose and water through. The barrier is so restrictive that researchers couldn't find a way to deliver drugs to the brain -- until now.

More:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110913172631.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 521 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 09:57 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Context:

The blood-brain barrier is composed of the specialized cells that make up the brain's blood vessels. It selectively prevents substances from entering the blood and brain, only allowing such essential molecules as amino acids, oxygen, glucose and water through. The barrier is so restrictive that researchers couldn't find a way to deliver drugs to the brain -- until now.

More:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110913172631.htm

It is the same meaning as:

The blood-brain barrier is composed of the specialized cells that the brain's blood vessels are made from.
oristarA

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 05:09 am
@Brandon9000,
Thank you
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 10:46 am
@oristarA,
The blood-brain barrier is composed of the specialized cells that make up the brain's blood vessels.

The blood-brain barrier is composed of the same specialized cells that the brain's blood vessels are composed of.
0 Replies