I read "7/9 subjects " as "seven out of nice subjects"

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 10:16 am

Am I on the right track?

Context:

At Beaumont, a pilot study is underway on 9 spina bifida subjects, however no other center in the US is currently studying this technique. Our preliminary data are very promising, and with 9 subjects now 12 months post procedure, 7/9 subjects are voiding either voluntarily or by stimulating the new reflex mechanism. This project aims to expand upon our pilot experience to conduct a larger and more rigorous study to establish the safety and effectiveness of the proposed somatic-autonomic reflex pathway procedure in gaining bladder and bowel control in patients with spina bifida. Additionally, we will systemically evaluate and optimize frequency and location for excitation of the new somatic-autonomic reflex arc to a) gain more insight into the neurorecovery associated with nerve rerouting, and b) scientifically and systematically determine the ideal stimulation parameters to achieve best voiding results and make the somatic-autonomic reflex pathway rerouting most useful for the patients. Achieving the aims outlined in this proposal will help firmly establish the procedure as safe and effective, and revolutionize the treatment of bladder and bowel dysfunction in patients with spina bifida.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 573 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 01:10 pm
Yes, seven out of nine.
oristarA

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:58 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Yes, seven out of nine.

Thank you.

Interestingly, I found my subconsciousness used to misspell "nine" for "nice." Very Happy
0 Replies