Do You Listen To Christian Music ?

carmilliadrian

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 06:04 am
I am a Christian... but for some reason, it's hard for me to listen to most Christian music... it's too I don't know... noisy (cling-clang-cling-clang)... I do listen to more mainstream Christian music... the ones which sounds like normal music but have Christian lyrics/message... that's awesome! Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 09:13 am
kirsten wrote:
I have attended a couple Christian music concerts, Twila Paris, and the "Young Messiah" extravaganza
with Sandi Patti, et al. There was some fine music, but quite honestly, I was very put off by the proselytizing of some of the attendees, and the merchants hawking junk like tacky T-shirts depicting bloody nails and thorny crowns. It really turned me off to the whole contemporary Christian music experience.

That was my fear, with this new wave of popularity, that the Christian/Gospel music scene (I see no real difference between the two) would become just as marketed and 'commercial' as secular music.
0 Replies

hanten

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 09:36 am
Southpark
I enjoyed the Southpark episode where Cartman decided to start a Christian rock band to get rich. He came up with a brilliant strategy to take any music and substitute the word Jesus or Savior for lyrics like "baby" or "girl."

It worked pretty good in Southpark and I'm sure more than one Christian rock band has done exactly the same.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 09:46 am
eoe wrote:
kirsten wrote:
I have attended a couple Christian music concerts, Twila Paris, and the "Young Messiah" extravaganza
with Sandi Patti, et al. There was some fine music, but quite honestly, I was very put off by the proselytizing of some of the attendees, and the merchants hawking junk like tacky T-shirts depicting bloody nails and thorny crowns. It really turned me off to the whole contemporary Christian music experience.

That was my fear, with this new wave of popularity, that the Christian/Gospel music scene (I see no real difference between the two) would become just as marketed and 'commercial' as secular music.

Best not get me started down this path! :wink: I dislike selling God's Word (generalized)
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 07:27 pm
Has anyone else seen or heard of The Power Team with John Jacobs?
They preach the gospel. I saw them in the early 90's. I was impressed by their individual testimonies and power of the accurate message and of course their awesome physical strength. If you get a chance to see these guys ... go and bring kids.

The Power Team
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 07:32 pm
Yes
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 08:35 pm
bump
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:01 pm
I like the spirituals, such as Ezekial Saw the Wheel and Oh Freedom. Also like Amazing Grace, Take My Mother Home, Mary's Boychild. Ave Maria is one of the truly beautiful works I know.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 09:08 pm
I usually have a local channel that broadcasts over the internet running. (at home only)
0 Replies