Network TV's 8-Day Online Streaming Delay on TV Shows Is a Boon to Piracy

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 09:37 pm
Quote:
Why do I have to wait 8 days to watch my favorite FOX shows?
FOX has chosen to limit access to catch-up episodes of current shows to viewers that have subscribed to a participating pay-TV service. Paying subscribers will be able to watch these episodes the day after they air online; everyone else will be able to watch these shows 8 days after their original airing on broadcast TV.

http://www.hulu.com/support/article/20362238

Quote:
Fox’s 8-Day Hulu Delay on TV Shows Is a Boon to Piracy
You play with fire and you'll get burned. Fox, which recently delayed new episodes of TV shows from streaming on Hulu until 8 days after they've aired, has already seen a spike in piracy for those shows.

http://gizmodo.com/5833202/foxs-8+day-hulu-delay-on-tv-shows-is-a-boon-to-piracy

I once abhorred and openly protested illegal downloading of television shows and movies. I am one step closer to fully embracing the practice (only with television shows), in an act of civil disobedience towards these idiotic, counterproductive, regressive TV networks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,610 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:18 am
@tsarstepan,
DVRing is a favorite pastime at our manse. Weve even gotten a Terabyte Hard drive to "Store" truly epic shows.

I think youre being hard on users of technology. "If they created it, why not use it?"
0 Replies