Flooding

rabunk

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2011 09:26 am
I have a sicon TC that sets real low to the grown and we are expecting a bad flood and if I dont drive it will it be ok
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,679 • Replies: 2
No top replies

trying2learn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 05:41 am
@rabunk,
I can't tell you your car will be okay. What I do know is do not start the car. Disconnect the battery and try to dry out your vehicle. There are so many what questions, how high is the water line...is it salt water or fresh water...???
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 07:12 pm
I had a Ford truck that got stuck in a flood with water over the engine for a week. When the water subsided I drained the engine, filled it to the oil filler cap with diesel fuel (kind of a very thin oil) drained it again the filled it again with diesel but to normal oil level. Then I cranked it over with out starting for about a minute. Finally I drained it again and filled the engine to normal oil level with normal oil. I treated the automatic transmission the same way. The ol pressure was nothing to write home about but the truck ran fine for another couple of years until I sold it. One big booboo though, there was a hard freeze the week after the water went down and I hadnĀ“t paid attention to the transfer case. The water inside it froze and cracked the case.
0 Replies