ABUZZERS, YOUR Able2Know EXPERIENCE

Paola

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 11:30 pm
I'm still quite lost here because I don't have a lot of time to stay and root about. I find Able2know at once better than and harder to navigate than abuzz. I love the idea of uploading pictures and would love to know how to do that...also I tried writing in colors but the colors didn't appear. Now I simply head for the quick reply.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 12:59 am
Usually, color and font size are not difficult. Using the 'reply' button, highlight the text after typing it in, then click on the color bar for the color you want. Is this what you tried.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 01:10 am
Ok, now if you want to set your own pagination limits in your profile it is possible. I will post an announcement in the forum help board about this.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 05:04 pm
Yes, this site is well administered, that includes the design and constant updating. But Craven understands the real challenge may come with continued success...the great numbers of folks who will be attracted to A2K could be overwhelming. Perhaps he has already planned for that situation.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 05:57 pm
Yup, I have the technical side ready, what I need to do is move to a dedicated server but the code is ready.

When I move to a dedicated server it will run at about 100 - 200 dollars a month so there will be a banner ad somewhere.

But since the plan isn't to make money but just cover costs this should be very easy to pull off. All it takes is the will to keep it alive and this is my favorite hobby. It's not going to get "backburnered" ever. I have a few hundred web projects thatI want to tie into this site. This will be a lifetime project for me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:00 pm
now here's a thought. what will the generation of communication beyond the web bring us?

Craven's 'life-time' project brought that to mind. Given the changes in my lifetime, the web is just a step to something, but what?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:02 pm
I am still trying to unravel all of it's mysteries and complexities. While keeping one foot in the abuzz and the other in able 2k. What I am most appreciative of is not being subjected to all the foul language and descriptive sexual acts one constantly sees on the abuzz.
I may be doing something wrong but what I have found when reviewing the posts since my last visit should I stop to and open one I cannot go back in. It goes back to 0.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:10 pm
I am very interested in ehBeth's comment. Could it be addressed in a forum?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:13 pm
Mapleleaf- You're on. Whay don't you write the thread?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

So there I was with the goat, she wanted it, I wanted it, so I.. oh sorry.

Kiddin'au1929!

Re your tech Q enough people have asked about that that I may change the way it works. Some fellow developers already have a solution and it didn't put a load on the servers like I'd imagined it would. Since they didn't test it on as active a board as this it will have to wait a bit but it's likely that I'll change the way that list works. But for now in the control panel there are a few other ways of navigating.

beth,

The net is already evolving, in a few years HTML might be obsolete and web services and applications might actually take off. I will keep up with any of this because I love this field. I have xhtml compliance ready when it's needed, I will code for WAP and any other protocol that takes off and any sntax that changes usually takes about a week to find its way to me. I love programming languages (pure logic) and will always try to learn the new ones.

Over the next few years I'll try to learn the old ones too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

You're on, mapleleaf. If no one posts it in the next 24 hours, I'll start a separate thread, perhaps with a poll. Maybe we can get a couple of people to try to think/talk about it, without doing a net search?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:20 pm
au1929- I was going nuts with that for awhile, until I happened on an computer article in the local paper. I would go to look up something for a response, and when I returned, the "view topics with posts since your last visit was back down to zero.

Go to settings> control panel> internet options> advanced. UNCHECK "reuse windows for launching shortcuts". Click apply> ok.

When you go to another window, minimize the one that you are using, and it will sit on your taskbar, until you are ready to access it again.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 06:54 pm
You can scarcely turn around these days without tripping over some article about what all's coming down the pike next. Having read expendibly in the more errordite journals and ledgers, I'm prone to see chortleography or neurohysterics as the next wave to universal comic consciousness.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:59 am
or not.......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 06:30 am
is that rabbit still smoking inside the house?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 10:03 am
What happened with that topic ("Is the 'net a stepping stone to something else? If so, what?") I'm interested, too.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 10:07 am
Me too!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 05:35 am
I do like the edit/delete function...I might even love it. Then there is the fact that you can pretty well depend on the A2K being online when you want to use it.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 01:33 pm
Isn't that the truth Mapleleaf you can have some control over your own posts and the site is dependable, no one calls you names or stalks you, and almost all your on line friends are here too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 04:37 am
It's got abuzz beaten completely. All it needs is a link to "topics" posted in on the profile of other members.
0 Replies