ABUZZERS, YOUR Able2Know EXPERIENCE

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 06:01 pm
The link I gave is found on the control panel page: http://www.able2know.com/aa_mem_cp.php
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 06:53 pm
All of the above for me, too, mapleleaf. But the best thing of all is the people -- so far everybody (former abuzzers as well as others) is really nice and helpful and on their very best internet behavior. Makes things very calm and therefore lots more fun.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 07:03 pm
dlowan wrote:
OK Fishin' - here is a thing me li'l bunny brain has been wrestling with - when I check that, it often says summat like 346 new posts since your last visit - but when I go to the list, there are often only 46 or whatever - pray what is the reason for that?

(balances snake on end of nose while she waits.....)

Oh - and as to the question - what other people said....

So how's that snake doing? lol

The list you get only shows the threads that new comments have been posted in. If the number of threads is 46 and there are 346 new comments then there are multiple new comments in some of the threads.

If you sign off and I create a new thread and then 40 people each post one comment in that thread when you log back in you'll see 40 posts listed at the top of your screen but only one thread would come up. They'd all be in that one thread.

Now put that snake away before someone gets hurt! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 07:10 pm
dlowan isn't emulating Cleopatra I hope. If she is, how come she wasn't invited to Liza's wedding?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 07:21 pm
I enjoy this place a whole bunch. I love the editing feature because my enter finger is faster than my brain. And as a lot of A2Kers might have noticed, I really, really like to add images!

http://www.hallospass.de/gif/computer/computer008.gif
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 07:30 pm
I really have liked being able to log in, get somewhere and not have problems, that in itself is a great joy!
I absolutely love the Control Panel Craven, fine work with all of that and my only wish is that I had more time to get to everything! Smile
It is a fine and noble thing also to have moderators and such around, I think in the end that was the down trip for Abuzz. The people who made up the members of Abuzz however were the best part, and its most excellent that another place can be found for them in comfort and harmony.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:20 pm
BillW: 'zat why there's milk scum on my keyboard?

Anyway, Hi Maple. Welcome. Learning curve, but isn't there a learning curve everywhere. The nice thing about this place is that it is moderated, and we know the moderators!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:45 pm
I miss having all the posts on one long page....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:50 pm
Lil K, I'll try to install code for that tonight but if not it's coming. It would allow you to decide how many posts per page. So if you want it all on one page you would be able to set that as your option.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:52 pm
and I miss being able to go out for lunch while a 300+ response Digression Thread loads.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:56 pm
I can't 'do' the digressions here. I don't find they have the right flow. Different sites have different benefits. Luckily, there are options.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:56 pm
Roger, It will be optional so only those who are willing to trade load time for the all on one page look will have it that way. I won't make it a default.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:58 pm
Bless your heart for thinking of the bandwidth challenged, Craven.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 09:51 pm
sounds like a great plan, Craven!
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 09:59 pm
Howdy Mapleleaf, good to meet you. I was a bit
lost at first, being accustomed to the Abuzz site,
but - after getting to know it, a bit - WOW it is so
much better. Didn't take me but a few questions
and I was off & talking. I like it. I love it. I want
some more of it. I am going to really enjoy this,
I know cuz I am already , and I just got started.
Color texts, avatars, exclamatory smiles, frownies
or whatever you feel like. It is GOOD!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:02 pm
BillW: Love your image! ROFLMAO!!
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:02 pm
**"special k" does have a point there,
being all on one page, but when I
think about all the plus signs, that
just doesn't carry enough weight.
**When, if ever, will we be able to
upload the avatars with which we
began?? I grew quite fond of my
waterful - craven????
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:16 pm
I will take this site any day over Abuzz. It's a pleasure to be around civilized people who respect each other's opinions and act accordingly.

The fact that we have moderators here who care is a major draw for me. No sooner does a member post their pros and cons about the site, there is a response almost instantaneously from Craven or one of our moderators.

That says a lot and lays it on the line big time!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:18 pm
There s that, Misti, the peace here is lovely.
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:23 pm
Misti:

I am barely out of the cradle--LOL--and have already gotten several helps from Craven. It is a relief to be on a site where there is so much information, so much interaction and so much helpfulness. I did have to learn my way around, but it is feeling more comfortable now.

Viva la A2K!
0 Replies