90's Movie Please Help

tindor

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 11:58 am
PLEASE HELP... There is a 90's movie stuck in my head but can't figure it out. The only part I remember is a family, and the parents listen to these tapes to help them sleep. The kids then record there voice over it like a "subliminal message" saying i want a new bike etc.. then the next day the parents buy it for them. sorry for the long question, this has just been killing me : )

contrex

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 01:44 pm
No Dessert, Dad, Till You Mow the Lawn (1994) ?

Dad's always working and never has time to come to Justin's baseball games. Older brother Tyler models himself after Chet in "Weird Science". What's Justin to do? Naturally, plant subliminal suggestions in Mom and Dad's stop-smoking self-hypnosis tapes. Before long, Justin and little sister Monica are living large. How long can it last before Mom and Dad learn that they're being manipulated?

Is it that one?

Ragman

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 02:08 pm
@contrex,
That's pretty amazing. I'm dumb-founded that you could come up with anything.

Here's the IMDB link to it. Robert Hayes (from Airplane) is the lead actor.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110676/
tindor

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 02:09 pm
@contrex,
Contrex, you are the greatest person ever. You have no idea how long i've been trying to find that movie.

Thank you soooo much : )
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 03:43 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
That's pretty amazing. I'm dumb-founded that you could come up with anything.

This is what I typed into Google

movie plot kids record subliminal tapes

That movie was the 8th result down from the top

0 Replies