• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 928 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 08:36 pm
SEEING THINGS (TV Series)
(1981-1987) * * * * Louis DelGrande ("Louie Ciccone"), Martha Gibson ("Marge Sinclair"), Janet-Laine Green ("Heather Redfern"), with Frank Adamson ("Sgt. Ed Brown"), Ivan Beaulieu ("Jason"), Murray Westgate ("Max"), Cec Linder ("Spencer"), Louis Negin ("Marlon"), Al Bernardo, Lynne Gordon, Ratch Wallace ("Kenny"), John Fox ("Falstaff")..... Mystery/comedy about a middle-aged, klutzy, slightly obnoxious-but-appealing crime reporter (DelGrande) for the Toronto Gazette whose psychic visions helped him solve murders. There were also the running sub-plots of his on again/off again relationship with his ex-wife (well-played by his real-life missus, Gibson) and his mild infatuation with the assistant Crown Attorney (Green). Adamson was the usual exasperated police man. Beaulieu played DelGrande's son; Bernardo and Gordon his baker parents (DelGrande lived above the bakery); Westgate his editor; Negin the food critic; Linder the chief Crown Attorney; Fox a dimwitted cop; and Wallace played Green's none-too-bright hockey player boy friend.
The hip and adult scripts coupled with DelGrande's brilliant performance (funny, yes, but he could also make the dramatic scenes work, too) and the fact that the mysteries were legitimate, made this off-beat, edgy and generally hilarious TV series an instant classic. A true gem. Created by DelGrande and David Barlow. The weird but memorable theme song was written by Phillip Schreibman and performed by Flivva. Best bets: almost any of them. Really. Won a number of Geminis. 43 hour-long episodes (including a two-parter and an hour-and-a-half one) on the CBC. -

http://www.pulpanddagger.com/movies/s2.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 11:20 pm
Never heard of it but Im always impressed with canadian drama. I wonder whether this served as the model for the now dead "Early Edition", in which a soimilarly Klutzed reporter was always getting tomorrows news today, and I believe the point was that he could change the outcome, sort of like that more dumbass scifi with Scott Bacula and his holographic sidekick "Quantum Leap"
It all goes to demo that there is really nothing new Its all just recaps.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 07:46 am
THANK YOU CEILI!!!!!
Thats been driving me crazy for quite a while.
0 Replies

resolve99

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:29 pm
Canadian TV
talking about Canadian TV, that show Train 48 IS THE WORST SHOW IN THE WORLD. Why is that show still on? I take the Go TRAin in Toronto so why would I want to watch this show after a long day at work?
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 09:28 pm
farmerman wrote:
Never heard of it but Im always impressed with canadian drama. I wonder whether this served as the model for the now dead "Early Edition", in which a soimilarly Klutzed reporter was always getting tomorrows news today, and I believe the point was that he could change the outcome, sort of like that more dumbass scifi with Scott Bacula and his holographic sidekick "Quantum Leap"
It all goes to demo that there is really nothing new Its all just recaps.
I really like that show, I was angry when they took it off the air, now I watch the reruns on PaxNet.
0 Replies