He’s going to have two daddies

Butrflynet

Sun 12 Aug, 2012 01:22 pm
@jcboy,
Give Anthony a tweak on the cheek of your choice for me and tell him to get his buns back here on A2K.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 12 Aug, 2012 02:18 pm
@jcboy,
Easiest good bread recipe -
and no, you do not need to go buy a bread machine:

http://www.ouichefnetwork.com/oui_chef/2012/04/jim-laheys-no-knead-bread.html
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Sun 12 Aug, 2012 02:52 pm
Thank you ladies, I'm still around, busy babysitting Morgan at the moment Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 12 Aug, 2012 06:47 pm
We had a nice evening at Anthony’s tonight. Nice dinner, he made a meat lasagna and a nice salad.

The kids played together and Anthony, Jeff, Marco and I just hung out talking and had an enjoyable evening.
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 13 Aug, 2012 06:59 am
Cool story, in the end they were able to adopt all 12 kids and now are both legal dads to all of them after years of issues because of anti gay laws that prevented them from adopting together or in their home state.

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=12667&MediaType=1&Category=26

Quote:
Steven and Roger Ham and the 12 children they are raising in Arizona are officially a family.

The Hams, who are not married, met in 1993 in Reno and fell in love on their first date. Eight years later they decided to adopt what was supposed to be their only child, Michael.

But Michael continually worried about his four younger siblings, who still were in foster care, so the men rounded up Elizabeth, Andrew and the twins, Jackson and Madison.

“It was heart-wrenching to see this little 5-year-old with these big adult concerns,” Steven told The Arizona Republic last year.

“It broke our hearts,” Roger added.

The dads are considered full parents in two adoptions from Washington state. The other ten children were adopted in Arizona and legally belong only to Steven, because the state does not allow gay couples to jointly adopt a child or a gay spouse to adopt a partner's child.

With only one legal parent, the children are not entitled to health and Social Security benefits, inheritance rights or child support from the other parent.

The cost to re-adopt the children in a state such as Washington where they would be allowed to adopt together was cost prohibitive, about $1,500 for each child.
jcboy

Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:28 am
@jcboy,
What a day, it’s been raining and gloomy for hours. Antonio has been in his room all morning playing games and playing with his dog, they can’t go outside today. On the day that Winnie the Pooh found out bacon tasted better than honey, we all knew Piglet's days were numbered.

Both are finally napping!
0 Replies

MMarciano

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 03:18 pm
Today was Antonio’s first day back to school. He’s in first grade now! He was nervous this morning when I dropped him off but now that he’s home he hasn’t stopped talking about it. He’s already met new friends.

He’s growing up fast and I’m getting older.
sozobe

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
@MMarciano,
I know the feeling!
MMarciano

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 04:41 pm
@sozobe,
It seems like it was just yesterday when he was born and now! First grade!

Where does the time go?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:36 pm
One day you will be amazed at how quickly he grew up.
ehBeth

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:39 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:
he hasn’t stopped talking about it. He’s already met new friends.

are you sure Morgan isn't Antonio's bio-dad? goes to bed early, makes friends non-stop, crazy for animals ...
MMarciano

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Impossible, Morgan has never gone through the process it takes to father a child. Laughing
0 Replies

MMarciano

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Before we know it he will be in high school! then I will really feel old!
ossobuco

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 06:10 pm
@MMarciano,
What old is gets to be higher number over the years.
MMarciano

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes it does and it seems to be going by very quickly.
ossobuco

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:13 pm
@MMarciano,
Yes, and then it speeds up some more.
0 Replies

Russell04

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:53 pm
@jcboy,
Hi Morgan!
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 05:51 pm
@MMarciano,
My son's will be eleven next month, you think you feel old? Sad
jcboy

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:45 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
You are old! get use to it! Cool
whatiam

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 06:33 am
@Mame,
well if he is intelligent as you say he is. then he should probably understand. you don't have to be the one who gave him life to be the perfect dad. just make him happy and you will be his world
0 Replies