We now have two new additions to the family

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:18 pm
The adoption won’t be final for several months but 5-year-old Alicia and 3 year old Alex-Martin came home yesterday. Alex’s middle name is Martin and he doesn’t like to be called Alex he prefers to be called Alex-Martin.

They both have separate rooms and of course Morgan had to have them painted and redecorated before they arrived home.

More to follow when we finally get a full nights sleep.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 26 • Views: 5,742 • Replies: 44

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:27 pm
@MMarciano,
Oh, good. More when you can post!
jespah

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 03:14 pm
@MMarciano,
Fantastic! Mazel tov!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 03:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Also, is that a hen?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 03:16 pm
@MMarciano,
Exciting times ahead ~
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:06 pm
@ossobuco,
He’s holding a cock from the last time we went to Key West, what else would he be holding lol, chickens and rooster run wild around that town Very Happy

Antonio already loves his little sister and brother. Alicia is your typical little girl. She loves pretty dresses and barrettes in her hair. Her favorite doll is a raggedy ann doll her mother gave her when she was two years old.

That little Alex Martin boy and I are going to go round and round again tonight.

Last night was the first time all of us sat down at the table for dinner and Alex gets up takes his plate and goes into the other room, sits on the floor and turns the TV on. We don’t do that here.

Then in the middle of the night he gets up and goes into Antonio’s room to sleep. He’s never slept in his own room before. So I got up at midnight and took him back his room and sat there with him for two hours until he fell asleep.

I’m prepared to go through it all over again tonight and I’m exhausted but I love that kid to death.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:19 pm
Brilliant news! Congratulations to all of you.

I was just on the phone with my dad (hamburgboy) as I read your news, so told him about it. He was very happy to hear about the expansion of your family.

http://rlv.zcache.com/super_dad_mustache_postage-r19d0460f0da34e21810dabaafb95e925_zhodd_8byvr_324.jpg
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:55 pm
We have a long way to go before the adoption is legal.

The court has terminated the mother’s parental rights, but there is no father listed on the birth certificate so the court has to try to locate the father. How that can happen I have no idea but our lawyer says we have nothing to worry about. They’re here and their here to stay.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 07:05 pm
This is a beautiful story unfolding. Thank you for letting us know of it.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 02:09 am
Wonderful news!

Tuning in for further instalments.

Very best wishes to all as you take on this phase of your lives together.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 02:27 am
Cool beans ! ! !

The more, the merrier!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 03:03 am
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1390745643/8273086.gif
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 04:17 pm
@MMarciano,
Mazel tov to you both. May you both clove nachas from this event. I'm verklempt.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 07:26 pm
The kids are settling in quite nicely.

Now that little Alex Martin gave me a hard time again last night about sitting at the table and eating his dinner, he wanted to go watch TV again and when I told him he has to finish his dinner at the table with the rest of the family he told me he doesn’t want to live here anymore.

I simply told him I’m too exhausted to pack his suitcase tonight but I will first thing in the morning.

He just finished his dinner tonight at the table and I put his suitcase back in the closet.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 10:14 am
You guys are something else! Mazel tov and all that. Reading all this restores my faith in the essential goodness of humanity and puts genuine joy in my heart. Please, please keep us all posted on your progress. There are plenty of people on this site who love you all.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 10:55 am
¡Felicidades!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 05:10 pm
@MMarciano,
What an exciting new chapter in all of your lives has begun.

It's wonderful to hear about, so please continue to keep us posted.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:14 pm
Ah!

Just found this thread.

Congratulations!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 09:42 pm
What a wonderful thing you're doing! Alicia and Alex Martin have found a real home. How lucky for all of you! Very Happy

I'll be excited to hear how Alicia copes with a whole houseful of boys!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 02:30 am
@jcboy,
You do have to call their bluff from time to time . . . i think you handled that just right.