He’s going to have two daddies

Below viewing threshold (view)
firefly

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 01:12 am
@jcboy,
It's a big step, but an exciting one. I'm sure you'll do just fine, jcboy.

Wishing the 3 of you much happiness in your life together.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 02:02 am
@DoubleA-Ron,
So how does it feel to be a total asshole, Double A-Moron?
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 05:58 am
Thanks for all the encouraging words. I know everything will be just fine, big lifestyle change but one I'm looking forward too! Smile
mags314772

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 07:53 am
You will do great! I understand your uncertainty about it...it's a huge responsibility and there's no guidebook. But you have great instincts, great kindness and a generous heart. Too long a story to tell here, bit I became the "other mother" to my goddaughter, who turns 25 tomorrow. She has always claimed she has two moms. In my opinion, you can never have too many loving parents. Congratulations!
MMarciano

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 08:08 am
@mags314772,
I know he will do just fine, he’s already ordering books online on about parenting lol. Plus he’s been child proofing the house for a week now!
Irishk

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 08:27 am
@jcboy,
I'm thinking that's one lucky little boy to have you in his life.

Congrats!
0 Replies

Izzie

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 08:35 am
@MMarciano,
You fellaz are gonna be coco Very Happy

Lots of love, laughter and patience and your little boy will be heading towards a happy future

JCBoy - don't panic hun - you're gonna do just fine Very Happy There's a lot of parenting advice on the board - but ya know, I reckon you're heading in the right direction already.

Happy for y'all!
MMarciano

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 09:50 am
@Izzie,
He’s already put paddle locks on the backyard gates and a new lock on the garage door, probably start locking up all the cabinets next.
jespah

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 10:38 am
@MMarciano,
Except of course for the emergency panic cabinet (where the Cheetos are stashed). Gotta have easy access to that.

PS You'll be fine. Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 12:09 pm
He's going to have kitties and turtles to play with, and he can help you in the garden!
Bella Dea

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 01:41 pm
Oh yes, big changes but exciting ones and ones you won't trade for the world.

Kids are blessed when they have one loving parent...it's an even bigger blessing to have two!
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 06:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Re: MMarciano (Post 4699984)
Here's myself and my niece in maybe 1992. She is wearing her Birthday dress; I'm wearing my dollar pin from Reckless Woman shop on Venice beach - that photo matters to both of us now, despite the dust on the scanner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/JT322.jpg

Very cute Jo! Smile

I really think I’ve been stressing out over the whole thing way too much, I stress out easily. I have a lot to do before they get here, have to get the guest bedroom ready. He is such a smart little kid, we had Chinese food the other night and he could handle a pair of chopsticks better then I could. He’s such a handsome little boy, his daddy sure can't deny this kid as being his lol.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 06:49 pm
Be careful with the online photos of kids - not that I'm an expert on that, but I'm chary. Maybe take it down in a day or two.
Some have posted them once in a while here with no unintended results that I know of, but always carefully.

(I don't mind being argued with on this but tend towards careful.)

In my case, my niece is now in her twenties and not easily identifiable. Well, hell, neither am I.

Meantime, wonderful child.
jcboy

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 06:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I didn't even think of that, see I do have a lot to learn. Gone Smile
jcboy

Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:07 am
@chai2,
Quote:
He's going to have kitties and turtles to play with, and he can help you in the garden!

He loves feeding the tortoises and the dogs love him, they actually watch out for him. Of course when he’s in the backyard one of us is there with him, my dog Frankie is a big boy, he wouldn’t hurt him intentionally but he’s just so big and strong it scares me to think he might play a little rough. Now the cats, well they just ignore the kid, kind of snub their noses at him and walk away.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Wed 17 Aug, 2011 05:30 am
I'm not sure who is more of a handful, the five year old or Morgan.
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 20 Aug, 2011 07:43 pm
We had dinner tonight in Tampa and they’re spending the night. I just put little Antonio to bed, he was tuckered out. I have changed the guest bedroom into a little boy’s room and he loves it.

Marco has been busy packing and interviewing potential tenants for his condo in Gulfport.

I can’t wait for them to finally move in.
Eva

Sat 20 Aug, 2011 08:25 pm
@jcboy,
I am really happy for you, jcboy! I hope you enjoy every minute of this.
jcboy

Sat 20 Aug, 2011 08:27 pm
@Eva,
Thank you Eva! I will admit at first I was scared but not anymore, this is all I’ve ever wanted.
0 Replies