He’s going to have two daddies

chai2

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 06:16 am
oh hey jcboy, I don't have kids either, but I was just thinking.

For what it's worth, be aware that the boy doesn't want to see himself as a "baby"

He's in a house full of men, and he's one of them!
sozobe

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 06:23 am
@chai2,
Depends on the kid I think.

Sozlet was happy to be a "baby" until.... well, she still doesn't really have a problem with it, even though she knows she's not and doesn't act like one. (E.G. and I never got out of the habit of referring to her as "the baby," and at some point it switched over to irony. Like "who's going to pick up the baby?" or "how's the baby feeling?") (For those who don't know, she's now a very mature 10. Smile )

I can imagine that boys would have a bigger problem with it than girls.

Anyway my point was more about encouraging mmarciano to give jcboy some room to get used to this whole fatherhood thing. Parenthood can definitely be nerve-wracking at first, no matter how old the kid is when he/she makes you a mother/father.
chai2

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 06:57 am
@sozobe,
I didn't mean being called "baby", or being known as the baby of the family, meaning the youngest one.
I was thinking more of the "I don't need a monitor in my room. I'm big, I'm one of the guys."

If you're not used to being around kids, like me, you may tend to think they aren't in charge of as many things about themselves as they are.
sozobe

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:00 am
@chai2,
Right. That's what I mean too though, she's never really had a problem with that sort of thing. We tried to use it as a motivator a few times, like, "big kids do ____, don't you want to be a big kid?" or whatever, and it never worked. She wouldn't have cared about a monitor at five.

Depends on the kid.

edit, you added this:

Quote:
If you're not used to being around kids, like me, you may tend to think they aren't in charge of as many things about themselves as they are.

I think that's a good point, too.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:24 am
I know he’s excited, and I think it’s sweet. I just spoke with him at work. The bathroom is now on hold until tomorrow. He’s decided to have wainscoting on the walls and it doesn’t match the new tile so he’s exchanging it today. I’m expecting him bring up the fact that the window is too high because lowering it is major construction.
chai2

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:02 am
@MMarciano,
Bidet?
Sauna?

Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:07 am
I love a2k - where else can you get a glimpse of the life of two guys living together with a kid? How sweet they are and how well they interact and try to accommodate the kid. It's so nice to read, and I hope this tread continues with stories about the three of you!
jcboy

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 05:20 pm
Oh I’ll be posting more stories for sure!

This bathroom is turning into a nightmare. It won’t be finished until Saturday. After changing out the tile and adding the wainscoting I noticed the walls looked crummy, I’m going to have them textured then painted. I did ask him want his favorite color was and he said green, of course he pointed to the blue paint chip, so blue it is.
chai2

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 06:44 pm
@jcboy,
Maybe he'd like teal then. That's green AND blue.
jcboy

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:06 pm
@chai2,
Teal, hmmm not a bad idea, it would have to be a light teal though Wink
chai2

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
@jcboy,
oh sure.
teal, turquoise, aqua.

trey floridian.
chai2

Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:28 pm
@chai2,
OH OH OH!

I just had the greatest idea!

Remember from the 1950's those chalkware fish?

http://www.crazy4me.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Vintage-Miller-Chalkware-Fish-Wall-PLaques.jpg

http://populuxebooks.com/blog/media/chalkwarefish1.jpg

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/img/c/0/0/15d/0/AAAADDCzv8wAAAAAAV0LFQ/1967-miller-studio-chalkware-fish-seahorse-plaques.jpg?v=1307402587000

This last picture, you can buy it on esty.com for like $20.

It's called Miller Chalkware.
I was born in 1958, and we had them in the bathroom when I was a kid. I loved them.
jcboy

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 04:30 am
@chai2,
Nice Smile we may be going shopping this weekend with the boy so he can pick out a few things for his new bedroom and bathroom.

Everything else is falling into place. Marco found a tenant for his condo that signed a two-year lease. He’s an older gentleman who sold his house because he was tired of the up keep and weekly gardening. Perfect tenant.

Off to work, have a wonderful Friday. Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 12:38 pm
Wait, are jc and MMarciano together or am I imagining things?

sozobe

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 12:39 pm
@Bella Dea,
Not imagining things!

jcboy: Morgan, mmarciano: Marco.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 12:47 pm
Whew! I thought I was losing it.
chai2

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 12:57 pm
@Bella Dea,
I know, it took me a bit to put it together too.

Those cheeky monkeys!
0 Replies

MMarciano

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 01:02 pm
I’ve been a single parent for five years and now I’m taking on Morgan, he’s a handful, trust me!
MMarciano

Fri 26 Aug, 2011 08:53 pm
@MMarciano,
Me amore! A Chico amore!
jcboy

Sat 27 Aug, 2011 09:25 am
@MMarciano,
Take him out for a cocktail and this one forgets English all together.

Antonio’s bathroom is being painted today. I chose a bamboo green, I think it will go beautiful with the marble tile I picked out.