How come I never have any PM's? how come I dont have any followers?

wayne

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 03:35 pm
@GracieGirl,
There's something fishy about this post.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5143/5870968503_78bc1cb81b_m.jpg

: I was gonna PM that, but you can't attach to PM's
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 03:58 pm
Agree with all responders to date.

I'm quite a fan of California, sometimes snarling to people who have teased me about it here on a2k (no sense of humor, me, she spits) and would be charmed to talk about it with you,

but, again, wouldn't want you placing yourself in a defined area.
I'm olden and crotchety and do say where I have lived with some details - though, even me, not many.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:12 pm
@ossobuco,
I've seen California on the telly, so I know all about it. There's trams everywhere, you can't move for them. It's a bit like Amsterdam, but it's a lot hotter, and it's got hills, and there aren't as many Americans, and you can only buy the dope if you've got a prescription. That's California.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:14 pm
@izzythepush,
<woman laughing, slapping knees>
izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
@ossobuco,
It's a lot more accurate than Hawkeye's vision of London, Chim Chimmeny.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
@ossobuco,
It's a lot more accurate than Hawkeye's vision of London, Chim Chimmeny.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:32 pm
@Eva,
HaHa! Hi Eva! Thanks! Mr. Green
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Ok, your right. Thanks! Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:37 pm
@Dave World,
Yea. Ok, but I don't wanna 'hook up' with people. Just chat and get alot of followers
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:39 pm
@Pemerson,
You've been here for 9 years and you've only PMed 2 people?! Wow.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:41 pm
@shewolfnm,
Banned? For sending a message? Jeez! Thats strict. Spam is like an annoying post, right?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:48 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
how come I dont have any followers?

I'm your first follower, just so you don't feel snubbed. Laughing

I'm not around here much though.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:01 pm
@Izzie,
HaHa! Okay Izzie. I will and Thanks! Mr. Green
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:02 pm
@wayne,
Oooo! Did you catch that fish? Ever been fishing? I have and I didn't like it. I couldn't catch anything!
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Your from California too?! Cool! I love it here! Who doesn't love it?! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:08 pm
@GracieGirl,
If you want to chat and have lots of followers, this is presently (I cannot predict) the wrong place. You are in a pickle, since you say you are bored by other people's threads. Some of us may not feel ready to answer your questions that have been discussed here to a fairtheewell, when you could just look up those threads by searching, the tags or the search function, and add to the ongoing threads.

There are many threads here, some intellectually fascinating; some filled with banter that is occasionally of high order, more often low and that's good too; some threads are divisive and filled with vile snark, and even those are not always a waste of time.

I remember being in a place similar to you. My parents subscribed to the New Yorker magazine and most of the cartoons there puzzled me. I still looked at it since I was probably avoiding cleaning my room or mowing the lawn*, and gradually learned a lot.

*Those were my female Beaver Cleaver environment days, relatively short in a long life.

Why do you think followers are important? Numbers simply are not. A lot of us already like you. You want us to stand on our heads? Real life is often more subtle that friending online.

Me, I've never looked at the My Friends thing in the light blue grey banner at the top of the page.. If I want to look someone up, I will, by clicking on the person's screen name, or find it in search (look at the top of the page in the blue banner), and then I will click on the name and see the person's last posts, actually, all posts. I guess I keep my following list just in case.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:28 pm
@ossobuco,
edit - I have looked at My Friends a couple of times, but not often over time. So, not never.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:44 pm
@Reyn,
Yay! Thanks Reyn! Your awesome! Very Happy Smile Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Very Happy
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:47 pm
Gracie,

Have you met Hamilton yet? He's about your same age and has a pleasant online personality. He's been asking a lot of similar questions as you have and I bet you two would find something in common to chat about in each other's topics.

He asked about safety on the internet and got a lot of good feedback about it. Here's a link to his topic if you're interested in reading it:

HAVE THERE BEEN ANY KIDNAPPINGS, PERSONAL THREATS, SO ON AND SO FORTH ON THIS FORUM?
roger

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 05:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I follow two. They are hardly the only two who are intelligent and interesting; they are the ones that so seldom post, I don't have the option of clicking their usernames.