Animal Planet?

quinn1

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 10:43 pm
Does anyone watch this channel <if available to them>
And what do you like best about it?
Which shows do you enjoy?

I have really become 'involved' with Animal Precinct and Animal Cops and it is very interesting.
This weeks Jeff Corwin Experience special showings has been great, I think hes just the funniest animal guy around!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,662 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 10:47 pm
Yay for Jeff Corwin. That guy is brilliant and funny and handsome.

Have you ever seen the show he did on the monks who took care of displaced tigers? It is amazing.

Here's his bio:

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/jeffcorwin/bio/bio_01.html
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 10:47 pm
We watch it a bunch, quinn -- including the dog (she loves to watch the animals and sometimes will even go right up to the screen to get a closer look). I'm particularly fond of the 'That's My Baby' shows and don't like watching the rescue shows cause I can't stand to see the poor animals hurt. Also like the Planet's Funniest Animals (though I'm not overly fond of the host). There are other shows we watch, too, but I can't think of their names (nothing with crocs or snakes, though).
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 10:55 pm
Missed the one on the Tigers, going to have to watch out for it!

Funniest Animals is good to have on iin the background, but I also dont like the host much at all.

The cats dont seem to be affected by this much yet, Ive been waiting to see some sort of reaction but, nothing.

Ive seen Thats My Baby only a few times but, its cute when I do get to see it.

I really like watching the rescue shows, it gives alot of information on how uninformed about animals people are. Alot of it is very sad and some is just aweful but, there are a great many good endings they show as well, just my opinion though.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 11:08 pm
I've seen that Tiger show four or five times. Don't worry -- they'll show it again. It is totally amazing, especially at the end when a cow comes wandering along (they're in India) and the tiger gets as excited as a dog would, seeing a cat. Very cool.

I've seen a couple of the rescue shows -- I'm not good at handling stress on TV so sometimes they're hard for me to take (c'mon kitty, please get into the box before you die in the flood) and will have me jumping up and down.

I don't like the guy with the big fake grin -- is that Funniest Animals? Ugh.

Wasn't there one of those animal idiot guys, who tried to be as dangerous as possible, who was just killed by a shark or something?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:48 am
A meet end, indeed, if 'tis so!

teeheee
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 09:18 am
har har har. Very meaty there, d.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:01 am
When I happen to tune in I usually enjoy the prgrams but do not watch any one of the shows regularly.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:16 am
Oh, definately..... The SuperStar Challenge

or, any other coverage of Agility trials, or sheep-herding trials.

Piffka... I finally caught the Thailand show with Jeff Corwin. The tigers and their monks were on at the end of the one-hour show. And, yes, it was awesome!!

Also, I like the documentary-type shows, like "Wild Kingdom".

Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:21 am
"Vet School Confidential" was very good (though perhaps because it was of particular interest to me). "Breed All About It" is a good show to remind you why the best breed is the mutt.

I mainly watch T.V. after prime time, though, and it seems like all they ever have on then is that damn funniest animal home videos or whatever it is...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:25 am
I heard that the Breed All About It for Chows was really good, but I've never seen it.

Glad you got to see that Tiger segment, PaL. Didn't you (just a little bit) want a tiger, afterwards???
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 11:58 am
Ive always wanted a big cat,however the way the little ones have taken over, its puts that thought right out of my mind quick
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:00 pm
I want a dozen mutts, mongrels, mis-laid doggies . . . maybe six or eight kids, too--you know, keep the doggies amused . . .
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:01 pm
the pets I can understand

the kids..well

you had better get started soon, dontcha think?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:02 pm
Naw, ye can pick 'em (human or canine) down at the shelters most days . . .
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:07 pm
tis true
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 07:01 pm
Thems alotta mouths to feed, Setanta. You got a Petco charge card?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 07:13 pm
Lotta doody duty as well, Im guessin someone will be busy
0 Replies