• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 918 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 03:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...the becoming aware of two opposing willing possibility's emerging from my sub conscious mind in no way are proof that my conscious self will becomes the emergent top down decider on them only because the brain is capable of parallel processing, or because the focus attention of the will is phenomenologically experienced from the "I" first person point of view...rather the awareness of the "I" effect also emergently aware on the making a conscious choice coming from unconscious primitive causes will ad the impression on a free willed choice that bottom line has unwilling precedent causes coming from the holistic background where the subject is integrated and which determine is willing and is conscious on willing ...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 03:23 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...further, the sum of information which is responsible for the firing of the neurons on a specific choice outcome has not its input based on the will of the subject but instead on the holistic conditionings caused on that very willing of the subject...and such that such awareness of the "I" deciding, is not in any way awareness on the full causes for deciding...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 03:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...from there I might ad that the problem of the infinite regress of causes can only be surpassed by the realization on the nature of infinity itself, on which on introspection one might reasonably conclude, that an infinite loop of causes does not amount to an infinite diversity of causes whatsoever...rather that if such infinity was to actually exist no chain of cause would actually get to any effect at all...
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 12:33 am

free-will is about getting beyond the instinct of the self , reaction(s) and therefore actions based on the enviroment and the absence of awareness beyond the self

for example the fisherman sees the food of the fish found , instinct , just keeps taking and taking and taking

but the fisherman that has awareness beyond the self sees depletion and hence the threat to his survival
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 07:21 am
Free-will is a leftover concept from theistic thinking, where it was neccesary to account for man's ability to do horrible things in the name of a god that was all good.

The bottom line is that the choices we have stand in contrast to the choices we don't have, and that's what give them meaning.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 07:33 am
@Cyracuz,
So, do we have hoices after all....hmmm....
0 Replies