My brain has been taken over by martians: I have new interest in golf.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 02:38 pm
So, today at St. Andrews, a few of my favorites are doing ok so far:

Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Louis Oosthuizen - I've some people to look up more about, like Kevin Na. Have a space on my "leaderboard" reserved for Darren Clarke, for sentiment alone, I suppose. He's at T88 at this point.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2016 05:56 pm
Disintegrating golf brain trumping my politics brain again -

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25483882/watch-dustin-johnsons-son-tries-to-steal-jordan-spieths-putter

http://www.cbssports.com/images/golf/blog/JordanSpiethTatumJohnson.jpg
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:15 pm
I reread the thread, still enjoy it, though 2015 brought the attention of someone who zeroed all of us. I tried to combat it with thumbups, then realized that by doing that was leaving myself as the only one zeroed a zillion times, so I backed off. Let me assume the thumber despises golf, I'm guessing for water use reasons, which I get, but then the person hadn't read my opening take re grey water..... or bothered to discuss or argue.

Meantime, it is day 3 in 2017; I'm just starting to follow what has been happening today. As usual for me, I follow on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2017/apr/08/the-masters-2017-third-round-live.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2017 01:55 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Have read up re today at The Masters so far..

will report back at the end of it.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2017 05:41 pm
@ossobucotemp,
OK, OK! The guy I wanted to win the Masters has just won, and today's development of players going forward or backward in scoring was a complete nail biter. Good thing I don't bite my nails. It helped me as a watcher that I already liked a lot of the guys at the end of it re whoever would win. This win was a long time coming, though he had many non-Masters wins over the years.

Vivid Congratulations to Sergio Garcia for the win, and boy, does he deserve it!
CameronWebber

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 01:01 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Fair play to him after he bottled it last year!!

I didn't put money on him to win but he was 40/1 beforehand to win it, great bet if you were on it!
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 01:19 pm
@CameronWebber,
Neat article today, that is, if you happen to enjoy golf and golfers, and not just hate them..

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/apr/16/sergio-garcia-masters-secret-sportsmanship-justin-rose

Welcome to a2k, Cameron. I don't do sports betting, egads no, given my financial situations in longish life, but I have looked up some of that once in a while for curiosity... mostly re an a2k game re US type football.
lmur

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 01:21 am
@ossobucotemp,
Rory's getting married...
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/rory-mcilroy-s-wedding-to-erica-stoll-has-cong-abuzz-1.3056757
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 08:01 am
@lmur,
Good wishes for them..

County Mayo - both sides of my long ago family were from there.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 01:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
So, I'm still hoping for Rickie Fowler at the US Open...
lmur

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 03:15 am
@ossobucotemp,
Sadly for Ricky, not this time. His time will come.

0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 10:40 am
Golf: A game in which an insane person wakes a 6am in order to hit a small white sphere over 800 yards of wet grass.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:01 pm
Our youngest son Alex Martin has shown an interest in Golf, that is him in my new avatar Razz

Of course our eldest Antonio is still into baseball Cool
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2020 06:10 am

i've never been a fan of the sport, but thought this accomplishment was noteworthy...

Quote:
Bernhard Langer, 63, oldest to make Masters cut

Langer, a two-time Masters champion and ageless wonder, gets to play two more rounds.
Despite hitting metal clubs into holes where some players are hitting short irons, Langer
finished his opening round Friday morning with a 68 and the German held his own in the
afternoon with a 73.

While the cut won't be official until the second round is completed Saturday morning,
this was one for the record books. He became the oldest player to make the 36-hole cut
at the Masters, topping the record by Tommy Aaron in 2000 by 33 days.
(espn)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 09:22 am
0 Replies