What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 01:41 pm
The only movie that ever scared me was able to do so only because I was an unprepared kid. I had never seen anything like the original King Kong. I was sitting at the Saturday matinee, enjoying The Little Rascals, Gene Autry western and the like, when all at once, King Kong began. The kid next to me ran away, but I sat through it. I could only look at the screen with just enough peripheral vision to know what was going on. Films like Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the Thirteenth put me to sleep. The Exorcist was too distasteful to sit through, after the first fifteen or twenty minutes. The Amityville Horror also put me to sleep. I just don't find that stuff interesting.
Steven07

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:55 pm
@Fido,
@graciegirl i liked the paranormal activity too. Insidious was equally awesome in my opinion. But the top on my list are the exorcist and drag me to hell
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 03:09 am
Inside Job. Narrated by Matt Damon.

Absolutely chilling
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 03:16 am
@GracieGirl,
I hope you never see any of the Saw movies, not only scary but sick in my opinion....

Yet, they keep making them.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 07:31 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

I hope you never see any of the Saw movies, not only scary but sick in my opinion....

Yet, they keep making them.

I seen Saw number one. Concur, completely.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 01:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
My ex-husband bought it home for us to watch, he went onto watch 2 & 3 no wonder I left him:)
0 Replies

folloman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 05:33 am
@edgarblythe,
The Exorcist is the scariest movie i have ever saw
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:54 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I first saw The Exorcist when I was in the third grade. It was a truly traumatic experience for me. Because of that I still regard it as the scariest movie I've ever seen. Aside from that, I think it's a very well made movie, horror or otherwise, and it's one of my top ten films of all time.

Oh gosh! The Exorcist is the scariest movie EVER! I was soo freaked out. I get freaked out just watching it. The part that scared me the most was when the girl/devil started levitating off the bed after they untied her. Or earlier in the movie when she came down the stairs on her hands and feet with her belly up in the air. Im still scared. I cant watch that movie ever again. LOL! Smile

Good One! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:40 am
For me it's a toss-up between Exorcist and Alien with Sigourney Weaver. One of the best sci-fi horror flicks ever. The sequel sucked, however.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:57 am
These are the secenes I was talking about:

The levitating scene:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6qgeWVXWLfY/TMcgknMpGnI/AAAAAAAABAE/76puaKUZGTM/s1600/Exorcist.jpg

And the upside down scene:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1z5bpeduEj4/Tq8c7F1JyuI/AAAAAAAABIw/6drHGhXwneE/s1600/zzz+the+exorcist+walking+down+stairs+backwards+spiderwalk.jpg

And here's just another creepy photo:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hr9o8WMtfbE/TkyQZvzr2QI/AAAAAAAADBM/hkndvMr5kCg/s1600/Exorcist.jpg

Dont you get scared just looking at it? Im gonna have nightmares now...
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:59 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I've never seen Alien but I'll watch it. Is it an old movie? It's not in black & white is it?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:38 am
@GracieGirl,
It's old but not that old -- 1979. No, it's in color. Exorcist is older.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 04:07 am
@GracieGirl,
The Ninth Configuration is Blatty's best film. I would set up a link but my computer is playing up.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 04:13 am
@GracieGirl,
I can't recall but people actually died making that movie, what was the one that drew was in? People died in that one as well.

Tells me that stay away of trying to project evil.

Yeah I know white witch but seriously.... help me out , it happened. death that is from those movies.

Gracie I am going to have nightmares tonight seriously:) Oh that wasn't your saying .... Smile
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 08:42 am
If it makes anyone feel better, my daughter told me that Linda Blair is one of the nicest people that she has ever met. My daughter works as a casting associate in Los Angeles.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 08:48 am
@wandeljw,
Everyone thinks Apocalypse Now is a war film until they arrive at Kurtz's compound, then it's clear it's a horror film.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 08:50 am
@folloman,
folloman wrote:

The Exorcist is the scariest movie i have ever saw

Mmm. Okay -
0 Replies

love2me

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:00 am
@GracieGirl,
This is definitely one of the most scariest movies i have seen
0 Replies

markhuy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 10:17 am
Got an Asian Movie right here: Shutter.
0 Replies

Mick from G-Town

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 05:35 am
I think I can top you all.. In the late 80's there was a movie so terifying, I blocked it from my brain. lol. For years I thought I had dreamed it all cos I could find no info about it. But now the trailer is on youtube and I just took a little look and what do you know? You can see the whole damn thing on youtube now.. Every single comment is the same.. Scary as hell.. The movie was called: THE ZERO BOYS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smo_yptBNSY
0 Replies